Tsuyuri Kanao x Male Reader

Requested by: LoonaIrisBestGirl

Summary: you lived in the Butterfly Mansion with Kanao, and for a while, all was well.  Kanao liked you romantically, but never had the courage to tell you.  She was fine being friends with you, but when the rest of the Kamaboku squad came to the mansion, Kanao's heart slowly broke as she watched you and Nezuko get closer and closer, leaving the black haired girl alone in her misery.

Kanao stared at you and the demon girl, and fought the urge to sigh in frustration.

The truth was, despite her lack of emotions, Tsuyuri Kanao had fallen in love with the helper, L/N Y/N. 

And the truth was, he had fallen in love with Kamado Nezuko.

It was clear to anyone looking at the two that they were on their way to becoming a couple.  Y/N left little gifts for Nezuko whenever he passed by that room, and he wore the hair ornament Nezuko had created for him proudly displayed wherever he went.

It tore Kanao into pieces.  She couldn't stand to look at them, not when they couldn't even notice anyone else.  They were too lost in each other's eyes.

Kanao knew it was selfish of her, but she had to try.  She had to see if maybe, just maybe, Y/N liked her too.

So she did.

She confessed to him, eyes closed so she wouldn't see his reaction and be heartbroken.

Ending one: Fluff
Kanao's eyes clenched shut, her mind telling her that she should open them and look at Y/N.  He was a good man.  There's no way he wouldn't like her back.

The feeling of a hand patting her head forced her to open her eyes, and she looked up to see fondness in her loves pupils.

Her hopes went up as he opened his mouth to speak.  "I am willing to give us a try, Kanao-chan."

That was all she could hope for.

Ending 2: Angst
Kanao clenched her eyes shut, her mind telling her that she should open them and look at Y/N.  He was a good man.  There's no way he would like her back.

The feeling of a hand placing itself on her shoulder forced her to open her eyes, and she looked up to see fondness in her loves pupils.

Her hopes went up as he opened his mouth to speak.  "Fogive me, Kanao-chan.  I'm in live with Nezuko."

As her world came crashing down around her, Kanao had the feeling of not being in her own body.  Of someone else taking control, as she became a hollow empty shell.

She had been so wrong about Y/N.  She had been certain he'd accept her proposal, but he hadn't.  And that was no one's fault but her own.

She had misjudged horribly, and probably ruined their friendship.  She couldn't dl anything right, could she?

The coin became Kanao's sole way of deciding after that.  Unlike emotions, the coin had never led her astray.

No one could ever convince her to use emotions again.

514 words