Yandere Male Reader x Kanao (Angst)

Requested by: LoonaIrisBestGirl

Summary: you and Kanao had known each other for years, and you had been trying to help her become less dependent on her coin.  You had almost succeeded on your own, but Tanjiro came along and snatched all the glory for himself.  You didn't think much of it, confident this wouldn't change much between you two.  But then Kanao and Tanjiro started getting closer, and it was impossible for outsiders to ignore their obvious feelings for each other.

You smiled as you carried the tempura Aoi had made to the Insect Pillar's Tsugoku, Tsuyuri Kanao.  Also known as your long time crush.

You had been here when she was first brought here, and had loved her from the very first moment your eyes had landed on her.

However, Kanao had a hard time making decisions on her own because of her trauma.  She wouldn't eat, sleep, or do anything unless she was ordered to. 

To combat this, the former Flower Hashira had given her a coin.  She told Kanao to use it until she could follow her heart.

Ever since you were informed on what was happening, you had tried to be the one who had helped Kanao.  You had made some progress, though admittedly there was a lot more therapy Kanao needed to go through.

But there was progress.  That was something.  You could work with that, no matter how little it may be.

Soon enough, Kanao would be able to decide on her own what she wanted.  All thanks to you.

You made your way to the training area, and found Kanao with someone else.  One of the boys she and Aoi had been training.

As you were about to let them know you were there, the maroon haired boy grabbed the coin from Kanao's hands.

"If it lands on heads, you have to follow your heart Kanao!"

And with that, he flipped the coin.

It indeed landed on heads, and jealousy rippled through you as he held Kanao's hands in his, at the blush in her cheeks when he did so.

Anger came next, follow by shock.  Kanao... loved this guy.

You shook your head.  That was impossible.  There's no way she'd fall for a country bumpkin like him.  Not in a million years.

Apparently one million years fly by fast, because Kanao had indeed fallen in love with that prick.

Any time they were in the room together, they would only have eyes for each other.  Even Miss Kocho believed they'd be a good couple, since Tanjiro had helped her with her anxiety.

You had to try though.  Just once, to see if maybe she had remembered everything you had done to help her.

So you confessed to her.

And your heart shattered into a billion pieces as she harshly told you she loved Tanjiro.

You figured as much, but didn't say anything.  Instead, you went to the room, shut the door, and began to write.

They found you the next morning, only bothering to check your room because of the blood seeping through the ceiling and dropping into their breakfasts.

You had committed sepaku, the blissful smile on your face contrasting with the gaping wound in your stomach.

Shinobu found the note first, and scanned its contents, before handing it to Kanao.

Everyone,
Please no this is no one's fault but my own.  I read a situation wrong, and it broke me.  I cannot live seeing her with someone else. 

Goodbye.

-L/N Y/N

Tears filled Kanao's eyes, and the realization that she drove you off the edge broke her.

Her body racked with sobs, she clutched the note in her hands, and wept for the loss of a friend.

619 words