Douma x Female Reader

Summary: You were an escaped slave who came to Douma for help. He decided to help you, and let you stay. However.... he grew too attached.... and confessed his love... Let's see how it works out for you reader....

"Get back here, bitch!" a man yelled at you, rage clear in his tone. You ignored him, and continued running, knowing if they caught you, you'd suffer. You didn't know how, since there was always a new punishment, but somehow, they'd make you suffer.

A knife grazed your cheek, and you snapped out of you thoughts. Running. You were running away from these Kami forsaken assholes who thought they could treat you like trash. You were not going to stand for it.

Turning a corner on the mostly deserted nighttime street, you risked a glance over your shoulder.

Big. Mistake. You slammed into someone, and fell towards the ground. Shit! You stood up, and apologized, then went to walk around him. Before you could, the persons hand latched around your wrist. Double shit!

You tugged on you arm, but nothing happened. As the men neared your slightly hidden hiding spot, you let out a distressed noise. He noticed and simply waited as the group rounded the corner.

"Found you, little shit, now to get you back to- Wait a minute, who the hell are you?" Kamo, the leader asked the man who still hadn't let me go.

"My name is Douma, and I'm-" he was rudely interrupted by Kamo, who said "Whatever, I don't care. That girl you're holding, she's the prized slave of Lady Mira. If you give her back to us, the Lady will reward you nicely.  Money, jewels, whatever you desire.  Just give us the damn girl!" He finished with a glare directed your way.

"Say please!"  The man sang. 

Your heart dropped into your stomach.  Nope, it went farther than that.  Your heart completely left your body at his words.  He couldn't be serious, could he?  Then again, he was promised rewards...

"Say please?  Is this some sort of joke?!  I'm not going to ask again-"  Kamo was interrupted by the man saying "Such a shame."  In the blink of an eye, Kamo and his men were dead. 

Their heads had been chopped off at the neck by a smaller weapon, perhaps a dagger of some sort.  Despite the clearly smaller weapon though, the blade was able to strike the spine.  Yikes!  The weirdest thing about the injury, was the ice around the neck and head.  Odd.

You noticed Douma was no longer at your side, so you turned to look for him. 

It didn't take you very long.  He was at the other end of the street, his back to you.  Despite the distance, you could hear weird slurping noises.  You walked over to him, and put your hand on his shoulder, prompting him to look behind him... towards you...

You screamed.  His mouth was covered in blood, and his teeth- Was that flesh?  You were going to die.  You fought as he pulled you close to him, fought as he placed a hand over your mouth to silence you.  You even went so far as to bite his hand, and accidentally drank some of his blood.

"Girl, please calm down!"  He snapped.  "I'm not going to kill you!"  You blinked.  "You're not?" 

"No!  What would have been the point in saving you then, hm?  Seems stupid to help you just to eat you, doesn't it?"  You nodded slowly, unable to tear your eyes away from the blood dribbling down his chin.  He noticed your discomfort, and wiped it away.

With you calmed down, he let you go, and walked away.  As he reached the end of the street, he yelled over his shoulder "If you need a place to stay the night, follow me.  I'll give you free food!" 

You followed him.

Time Skip:  One Month Later

Douma walked quietly with you through the garden, finger to his lips.  After dinner, he'd pulled you aside, and mentioned a surprise.  Which led to your situation now.

"Douma, are we almost there?" you asked.  "Mhm, it's just around the corner."  You rounded the corner, and were surprised by what you saw.

A bottle on a table.  That was it.  Douma toed the ground, seeming nervous.

"You like mysteries, right?  I found this, and thought you might like it.  It's yours."  How... sweet..

You picked up the bottle and noticed a piece of paper inside.  You opened it, and read the note.

'Will you marry me?' was all it read.  You whipped your head over to Douma, only to find him kneeling on the ground, ring in hand.

"Well?"  he asked.

"I-"

784 words
I'm not sure where to go with his one, so let me know what you want Y/N to say.  Enjoy the oneshot, and feel free to request.