Kaigaku x Female Reader

Requested by: A_typicalgeek2

Summary: shortly after he passed the Final Selection, Kaigaku proposed to you, and asked you to be his wife.  You accepted, and the marriage preparations were started.  However, two days before the marriage was to take place, Kaigaku went missing.

"Will you, L/N Y/N, take me, Inadama Kaigaku, to be your husband?"

Tears of joy spilled down your face as you gazed at the black haired man down on one knee, a ring in hand.

"Yes!" you breathed, and held out your hand for him to place the ring on.  You rejoiced, hugging and kissing and laughing as you both headed towards your house to break the news to your family.

It was a happy moment.

Almost immediately, the L/N family starting working alongside Kaigaku to make the wedding a dream come true.  They picked out the color scheme, arranged the guest list, and decided on bridesmaids.

It was the perfect wedding.

Or, it would have been.

But now, the day of the wedding had came, and Kaigaku was still missing.

He'd gone to visit his former sensei a few days ago, and hadn't came home on the day he was supposed to.  Thinking he might have just stayed an extra day, you didn't worry too much.

But two days ago, when he didn't come home, you'd sent a message to the former Thunder Hashira.  According to him, Kaigaku never made it there.

Your village sent out a search hunt that went on for miles, but the only sign of Kaigaku was a peice of a uniform stuck to a tree.

You were worried.  Where was he?  Was a demon the cause of this?  Is Kaigaku alive?  Constant worry for your fiance filled you everyday, and there was nothing you could do to fix it.  Not unless Kaigaku was found.

You moved through life in a haze, unable to cope with the love of your life gone.  You kept praying to the God's to bring him home.

Until they did.

While eating dinner with your parents, a knock sounded at the door.  Believing it was one of the villagers with more news, you slid open the door.

"Kaigaku!"

Sure enough, there he was.  Alive.

His head was bowed, likely to keep the rain from the thunderstorm out of his eyes, and you quickly pulled him inside.

"We were worried sick!  We thought you'd died, or been hurt by a dem-"

Kaigaku lifted his head, and revealed the sickening truth.  He'd was a demon.

Pale skin, black eyes, and the enhancement of the markings on his neck proved that.  And the blood dripping down his face.

Footsteps sounded from behind Kaigaku, and in a moment, your family was there.  They held joy at seeing the man they could now call their son in law.

Before you could warn them, Kaigaku had slaughtered them all.

He was covered in blood now, and as he pulled you into an embrace, you also became smeared with blood.

He held out a vial of what you guessed was demons blood, and began to open your mouth.

"Don't worry, my love...

It will be fine."

525 words