52. Harlot

Jace and Luke were chasing after Laenor. Laena loved to see Laenor so happy with his boys, hated how much Rhaenyra took advantage of him though. 

"Hi baby." Rhaenys coed coming up to Laena. "Whats with that face?" 

"Laenor's boys." Laena offered. 

"Your father shares a similar ignorance as the king." Rhaenys offered. 

"Laenor loves them, he... he pushes it aside and yet they are the strongs." Laena whispered. "Taelon beat up Tommen and then when Luke came... I thought he was going to kill Harwin."

"I wouldnt blame him, the Strongs have been like brothers to Taelon and to be fucking his little sister."  Rhaenys tsked. "Shame. They should be ashamed." 

"Tommen is wonderful, the girls love him. He is uncle Tommen and he feels remorse, he... he has asked Davina to marry him four times that I know of." Laena remarked. 

"I dont see her settling down." Rhaenys countered. "I have known that girl for a long time." 

"She has slowed down since having Tatum." Laena countered. 

"Where are they now?" Rhaenys countered. "Because while you were tending to Taelon, I saw Fury fly past. Davina goes everywhere with him." 

"I wish Rhaenyra and Laenor showed such devotion." Laena remarked stiffly. 

"You know what Laenor is." Rhaenys rasped. 

"A great brother and father to those boys?" Laena countered. RHaenys turned her nose up. 

"It's not right." Rhaenys murmured. 

"I dont blame Laenor." 

"Of course you dont." Rhaenys agreed. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Laena countered. 

"You see them both for what they are and yet it is always Laenor that is perfect and Rhaenyra that is flawed." 

"Laenor didnt have two bastards and claim them Velaryon." Laena agreed. 

"Laenor is lucky his suitors can't conceive children or else he would have bastards roaming about." Rhaenys countered. "You give him more credit than he deserves." 

"He is my brother. YOur son!" Laena declared. "Did you forget that?"

"They dont matter. Your children do." Rhaenys assured. Laena shook her head though. They did matter, she wanted Laenor to have a real son or daughter, but that would never happen with Rhaenyra. Of course Laena knew of their little deal. Laenor and Rhaenyra did as they wanted, fucked whom they wanted but did their duty. Together, do their duty. Rhaenyra didnt do her duty to the velaryon name. Yes, Laena was going to stick up for her family, like she hoped her mother would. 

"Laena dont worry yourself about this. Focus on your perfect children. Dont bother with Rhaenyra."

"I'm a woman." Laena reminded her. Rhaenys stared back at her confused. "Would you not care about me if I had not married Taelon?" 

"Laena, you are my daughter, I love you. I love Laenor too but... He is what he is and I love him but the children, their legacy, I want your children, one of your daughters or a son maybe in the future to inherit driftmark after your father and laenor. Not Laenor's bastards." 

"Mother-"

"I love Laenor but until he has an heir, a real heir I refuse to let driftmark go to Rhaenyra. She is already entitled enough." RHaenys hissed. Rhaenys was right about that. Rhaenyra was untouchable. She had her father and brother protecting her. Taelon was mad at Rhaenyra, furious at Harwin but taelon wasnt about to disown his little sister. 

"Mother, what if I never have a son?" 

"Dont worry about that, you are young. You are healthy." Rhaenys remarked holding onto her. "When the time comes you will have another... it must help your husband is so handsome." 

"He is handsome... I should check on him. He hates medicine. The tinctures the maesters gave him, he complained about longer than it took to drink." Laena laughed out. 

"THats men for you." Rhaenys agreed. "That is why they can't carry children. They wouldnt last." 

"Give Laenors' boys a chance." Laena requested. "It is not their fault." 

"I know that. I dont blame them. I blame their mother." RHaenys assured. "Go check on your husband. I will check on Laenor." Laena stared back at her. "I will be nice to the harlot as well." Rhaenys assured as she headed down. 

"Mama?" Aemna questioned. 

"Hello my love, I was about to check on your father, would you like to join me?" Laena questioned holding onto her hand. 

"Sure, but I have a question." 

"Ask away." Laena agreed. 

"What's a harlot?"