66. You Have a Type

"Come on girls, lets go shoot something." Taelon suggested. Mena jumped up running to him. "You coming Rhae?" 

"I'm almost done with this book from grandsire." Rhaena corrected. 

"It's a beautiful day." Taelon corrected reaching out for her. Laena nodded and Rhaena put the book down kissing Laena's cheek. "make me look bad." Taelon teased moving to Laena and giving her a kiss. "Hi, little boy, named JOffrey." 

"Does he resemble but entirely coincidental resemblance to the Commander of the City Watch?" Laena mused against his lips. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about, spitting imagine of... Luke." Taelon offered. 

"Thought so." Laena agreed softly. 

"Okay- shoot." Taelon grumbled. "Mena, Rhae you have training in the pits dont you?" Rhaena looked to her feet. Mena looked at Rhaena and knew her twin was sad about still not having a dragon. 

"I can skip it today, I would rather be with you." Aemna assured. 

"No, its important." Rhaena corrected. 

"It's okay Rhae-"

"Mena, its fine, we should go." Rhaena declared. 

"I will walk you there." Taelon offered and Aemna grabbed his hand while Rhaena slinked ahead of them. Taelon glanced back at Laena and she offered him a sad smile. 

''And he sees a big, scary dragon! Mother... look. We chose an egg for the baby.''

''Ahh. That looks like the perfect one.'' Rhaenyra agreed looking down at her two boys. Her two Strong boys. Heavens, she was going to hell. 

''I let Luke choose.'' Jace remarked.

''Thank you, Jace.'' Luke answered on command. 

''Not every day an egg leaves the Dragon pit, Princess. I thought it best to escort the lads.'' Harwin remarked.

''Laenor and I thank you, Commander.' Rhaenyra said softly. She was a monster. 

''Another boy, I heard. What a fine knight you are going to make, eh? Might I?'' Harwin questioned looking to the babe.

''Ser Harwin wishes to be introduced to Joffrey.'' Rhaenyra told Laenor, Laenor looked to Harwin's deep black hair, much like his childrens hair, he hesitated before passing him off.

''Of course.''

''Joffrey, is it?'' Harwin questioned.

''Mm-hm. Mm.'' Rhaenyra agreed bitterly.

''Father, please may I hold Joffrey?'' Luke questioned.

''No, no. No. Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. Back to the Dragon pit for you two.'' Laenor remarked.

'Come on!' Luke begged

''Before they send out a search party.'' Laenor told them leading them out, the door closed

''You're asleep in front of the Commander of the City Watch." Harwin teased down to Joffrey ''Terrible lack of respect.''

''A certain insolence runs in the family, I'm afraid.'' Rhaenyra added

"Tell Tommen you said that." Harwin agreed. Rhaenyra laughed out. 

"Gods." 

"Not my fault you have a type." Harwin reminded her. 

"That I do."

+

"Starlight is doing really good daddy, you want to see?" Aemna questioned tugging Taelon's hand.