24. Riff Raff

''This is a good thing. She knows your secret... and now you know hers.'' Joffrey offered

"Dance with me." Taelon remarked grabbing Laena's hand.

"With pleasure." Laena agreed spinning into him. Laena laughed out as she saw Aegon and Tommen dancing. "What are they doing?"

"It's a new style, very hip.' Taelon remarked. "No pattern just... it looks like Aegon is trying to jab his elbow back into Harwin." The boy of three moved wildly as he danced around. 

"Is that the type of dancing you were telling me about?" Laena mused. 

"I"m a little more advanced then that." Taelon assured. "I would have already whacked Harwin."

"Taelon!" Laena laughed out. 

"Stop staring at Taelon." Tommen begged. "Nyra, find a dance partner, yeah?" Tommen remarked moving through the crowd.

"I wasnt staring." Nyra hissed back at him.

"Yeah tell that to your pretty face." Tommen countered. 

"You are so beautiful." Taelon whispered holding Laena closer.

"I think I love you." Laena whispered kissing him. She never felt so happy. She knew that Taelon was hers. She knew he would be a good father, a good man, a great husband. She just knew it and she couldnt wait to start their lives together.  Nyra looked miserable though pining after Taelon still. 

''They make a handsome match, don't they?''

''What?'' Criston questioned turning to Joffrey.

''Well, the Princess and Ser Laenor.'' Joffrey told him smugly. ''Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, or the Knight of Kisses, they call me, though I don't know why.'' He introduced.

'' I'm on watch. What's your business?''

''You don't know me, Ser Criston. But we are both deeply invested in this union.''

''If you have something to say, Ser Joffrey, speak it.'' Criston hissed 

''Ser Laenor is quite dear to me. As I know... the Princess is to you. We should swear to each other to guard them, and their secrets, because if those are kept safe... then so are we all'' Joffrey told him.

''May I, Ser Harwin?'' Daemon said stepping into his place on the dance floor.

''Of course, my Prince.'' Harwin remarked stepping away immediately. Nyra groaned as Daemon grabbed her hand. He pulled her closer and Nyra's gaze shifted to Tommen. Pleading with him silently, find Taelon.

''Is this what you want?'' Daemon asked curiously. 

''I was not aware that what I wanted matter to you.' Rhaenyra countered

'This is not for you.'' he told her ''he is a good man in a fine night he will bore you senseless.''

''Marriage is only a political arrangement I hear.'' Rhaenyra reminded him throwing his words back at him and Daemon smirked. 

''Mine was recently dissolved.'' Daemon reminded her.

"Taelon, code red." Tommen remarked.

"You keep saying that." Taelon remarked. "But what does it mean?"

"Daemon and Nyra." Tommen answered and Taelon's gaze shifted to them.

"I dont think I like your uncle." Laena remarked and taelon smiled back at her. 

"Falling in love?" Tommen mused. 

"That is one of the sexiest things you could ever say." Taelon teased kissing Laena. Her cheeks hurt from how much she was smiling today. 

''so take me and then has this not been your purpose?'' Rhaenyra countered ''I am not yet married but the hours past swiftly you are surely unarmed cut through my fathers kings guard take me to Dragon stone and make me your wife.'' Daemon smirked down at her grabbing her face in his hands.

"Uncle." Taelon seethed shoving him out of the way. "Come Nyra, best not waste time with the riff raff." Taelon remarked pulling her closer. 

Suddenly everyone was fighting, scrambling to get away. Ser Joffrey felt lightheaded blood trickled from his nose as Criston beat Joffrey to a pulp. Nyra was pushed aside and Taelon lost her in the crowd. 

"What in the Seven Hells is going on?"

"Stop this!" Corlys demanded

''Where's Rhaenyra?'' Viserys shouted.

"Nyra?"

"Strong-" Harwin pulled Nyra up haling her over his shoulder as Taelon moved to Laena. He plopped her up on the stage by Rhaenys, she pulled her daughter closer. Before Taelon spun back around moving to Criston. 

Laenor looked at his lover dead on the floor he crawled over to him his head bashed in blood seeping around him he cried out.

''Princess.'' Harwin shouted.

''Put me down!'' Rhaenyra declared as Harwin carried her over his shoulder leading her away. Taelon saw her safe and he let out a breath of relief as he pulled Criston back. 

"Get out." Taelon demanded with a shove and Criston huffed a breath. "Now."