68. Regret You

''Soften your knees. Feet light.'' Criston remarked as the young princes were training together in the courtyard. Rhaena and Aemna were good at archery but they didnt do swordplay with the boys.

''Keep your feet light and your hands heavy.'' Harwin instructed. Tommen smiled down at his boys. Jace... Tatum and Gavin. Gavin was skilled he competed in the same tournaments as Aegon and won his bouts. Tommen was so proud. Tatum wanted to do a tournament as well after seeing Gavin compete.

Tommen ruffled Jaces hair. Jace smirked up at him. Tommen grabbed Lukes sword and circled Jace. Jace laughed out watching him dance circles around him.

''This is the stuff, Lyonel. Lads that learn together, train together... knock each other down, pick each other up. They will certainly form a lifelong bond, wouldn't you agree?'' Viserys questioned as he watched from above.

''That is the hope, Your Grace.'' Lyonel agreed. But he hated that 2/3s of his sons were the reason for rhaenyras children. If he could only get Tommen to marry davina and make an honest man of himself that would the be the day.

''Don't stand too upright, my Prince. You'll get knocked down.'' Criston warned and Aegon let out a grunt of distaste. ''Aegon.'' Criston began.

''I've won my first bout, Ser Criston. My opponent sues for mercy.'' Aegon said pompously.

"Me as well but Im not a dick about it." Gavin agreed. Aegon rolled his eyes.

''Well, you'll have a new opponent then, My Lord of the Straw. Let's see if you can touch me. You and your brother.'' Criston offered and Aegon and Aemond stepped forward, sparring swords lunging at criston but he was skilled warrior. The princes were yelling and grunting as they lunged and failed to knock criston down.

''You're gonna have to do better than that.'' Criston said smugly.

''Ah. Weapons up, boys.'' Harwin remarked coming up to Rhaenyra's children. ''Give your enemies no quarter.'' Harwin glanced over at Criston and Aegon and Aemond, Rhaenyra's children seemed left out of the training most days.

"Dont let tommen disarm you Lucarys." Harwin added as tommen bowed before him handing back his sparing sword.

"Thank you ser tommen." Luke agreed. Tommen winked back at him.

"My turn!" Gavin declared. "Can I mother?" Tommen looked up to see Davina and Laena watching them.

"Kick his ass." Davina agreed. "Someone needs to take cole down a peg." Criston bowed to her from the courtyard. Tommen gaped back at Criston as he smirked up at davina. "Careful Cole. Tommen gets jealous easily."

"Yeah Cole." Tommen warned "keep your eyes to yourself." Criston chuckled nodding to Gavin. Gavin took a step forward but harwin spoke up.

''It seems the younger boys could do better with a bit of your attention... Ser Criston.'' Harwin remarked and Criston turned to him stiffly.

"Not now harwin. Cant you see cole is about to get his ass whipped by the best young man here?" Tommen corrected.

''You question my method of instruction, ser?'' Criston asked calmly.

''Oh, I merely suggest that method be applied to all your pupils'' Harwin suggested nodding to Jace and Luke.

''Very well. Jacaerys... come here.'' Criston agreed ''You spar with Aegon.'' Aegon chuckled seeing his younger cousin step forward nervously. ''Eldest son against eldest son.''

"And I fight uncle Harwin." Gavin agreed.

"Work your way up to harwin." Davina suggested.

"We used to call him the bear." Aemna agreed puting down her bow.