41. Taelon is Killing Him

Tommen pressed a small kiss to Davinas cheek, then to the edge of her jaw. She tilted her neck, hoping his kisses continue their path.

"I watched you sleep for a moment before I left to get you cake." Tommen quickly pulled back and looked at her. "In a noncreepy way. I watched you sleep in a noncreepy way."

"I'm totally freaked out right now," Davina teased.

"We can't have that." The corner of his mouth creases into a smile, causing his dimple to appear. He continued kissing the side of her neck—softly, sweetly. "I... I want to be apart of this baby's life." 

"You are going to make this difficult arent you?" Davina realized and he touched her stomach and it made her think maybe it would be nice for Gavin and this baby to have a father, someone goofy and sweet like Tommen. 

"Lets see how birthing him goes." Davina countered. 

Tommen was on cloud nine and he wanted to tell Taelon. Of course he did. 

Taelon's lips skimmed across Laena's skin as they made their way to her mouth. The kisses were slow and intentional, nothing like last night after putting the kids to sleep. He was taking his time, exploring her mouth and the explosion of feelings surging between them. Her hands travel up to his neck, fingers trilled the base of his neck pulling him closer. That touch deepened the kiss. As things progressed, he lifted her up onto the counter, which was expected yet still exciting. Laena wrapped her legs around his waist as Tommen burst through the door. 

"Tommen!" Laena demanded.

 "Davina and me are giving it a real go!" TOmmen declared. 

"Congratulations, get the fuck out." Laena demanded. 

"I'm hoping for a boy." Tommen remarked. "Because clearly girls are moody and I dont think I want another davina." Tommen admitted .

"Davina doesnt want another Davina." Taelon agreed. "Now if you dont mind we will get onto making your future child a future friend." 

"RIght, yes, just excited, I was thinking-"

"Tommen out!" Laena demanded jumping down from the counter and pushing him to the door. Tommen turned to mush. 

"Oh no, you did it." Taelon mused as Tommen flopped onto Laena. 

"What is he doing?" Laena demanded trying to keep Tommen from smushing her. 

"He doesnt like being kicked out, he gets sensitive." Taelon offered chuckling as he poured a glass of wine. 

"Taelon! He's... TOmmen move!" Laena begged. 

"I can't feel my legs-" Tommen dropped back more. 

"TOMMEN!" Laena screamed. "Taelon," she whined looking back at him. 

"Alright just drop him, that usually does it but then he is whining on the floor for an hour." Taelon remarked. 

"You are no help." Laena decided. 

"I know Tommen." Taelon corrected. 

"Taelon!" Laena begged. Taelon put down his cup and moved to Tommen grabbing his arms pulling him forward and Laena huffed out a breath. 

"Okay," Taelon brushed his hands off barring the door. "Where were we?"

+

When davina had a baby boy, thick black hair everyone thought wow he looks like the prince Jacaerys, no one said it to Viserys or Taelon or Rhaenyra's face of course. 

But when Rhaenyra started showing Lyonel cornered Tommen and Harwin. 

"No, no, no it wasnt me!" Tommen declared raising his hands in surrender. "Davina was me, 100% congratulations you are a grandfather... again." He added softly. 

"The princess Rhaenyra is pregnant again." Lyonel corrected. 

"It wasnt me." Tommen declared. "Meet Tatum, he's cute, I'm a father, I'm a proud father. Is this how you feel?" 

"I used to." Lyonel countered. 

"Right." Tommen agreed looking to his feet. 

"You swear-"

"Father cross my heart and hope to die this baby is not mine, I havent not since before... and not in the past... long long time." Tommen offered. "Since Taelon was gone and he has been... okay once after Taelon was back and that must have been jace." Tommen thought it through. "But not after Jace!" 

"Tommen, dont lie to me." 

"I'm not!" Tommen declared before looking at Harwin, stood silently beside his father. "You know, father... Harwin is awfully quiet."

"Dont look at me." Harwin countered. 

"Heavens, look at his face, hes as red as a turnip!" Tommen declared. 

"what's going on?" Taelon questioned coming up to them and suddenly they were all coughing, choking on their own tongues. "You need some water Strongs? Whats going on?" Taelon questioned. 

"I'm slowly dying, I'm not the only disappointment!" Tommen choked out. 

"Lets get you some water mate." Taelon remarked. 

"You meet Tatum?" 

"Yeah, he's a cute kid, got Davina's looks thats for sure." Taelon remarked clasping his hand on Tommen's shoulder. "And that hair!" he gave a tight squeeze and Tommen couldnt breathe, Taelon knew. "Thick black hair, who knew that Targaryens silver hair was recessive against Strongs?"

"Thats... really... funny." Tommen wheezed. 

"Yeah. Funny, I thought so to... lets go for a walk." Taelon suggested. 

"I should check on Davina." Tommen corrected. 

"Laena is with her." Taelon assured. "She is fine." 

"But-"

"Tommen. Lets go for a walk." Taelon repeated slowly. 

"Yeah." Tommen gave in as his shoulder was gaining Taelon's imprint. 

"Tatum Strong?" Laena pondered knowing Davina wouldnt label her children as bastards. 

"Tatum Targaryen." Davina corrected. 

"He's handsome, certainly Strong." Laena agreed. 

"How is the baby making going for you and Taelon?" Davina questioned when Tatum whined out for food. 

"It's going." Laena offered. 

"No bun in the oven?" Davina mused. 

"Just got my moons bleeding... we got pregnant so easy with the twins and now... I dont know why it isnt sticking." Laena remarked. 

"Probably you worried about having a baby isnt helping, it will happen when it happens." Davina remarked. "I took the damn teas for years but Gavin was asking for a sibling after spending so much time with your girls... I stopped taking them and Tommen happened... things happen in mysterious ways." Davina offered. 

"I think Taelon is killing Tommen." Laena admitted. 

"Because he fathered Rhaenyra's bastard?" Davina agreed and Laena stared back at her. "I have eyes."