71. Love Her

''Be good to your mother, lads. I'll visit when I can. But that may be some time.'' Harwin remarked looking down at the boys. ''Jace. I will return... I promise.'' Harwin looked between them, jace was too sad to speak. ''I will be a stranger when we meet again.'' Harwin realized softly as Harwin hugged Luke goodbye.

''Princess.'' Harwin whispered as he headed out

''We will exchange letters by raven. Won't that be fun?'' Rhaenyra questioned as they watched Harwin leave.

"Im not going I mean I am going to driftmark with taelon but then we will see you once the baby is here." Tommen remarked. Jace hugged him. "You listen to your mother until I see you again."

"Will you stay at driftmark or will you stay at the capital or dragonstone?" Jace questioned.

"Dont worry bud you cant get rid of me." Tommen assured hugging him again.

''Is Tommen Strong my father? Am I a bastard?' Jace questioned looking up at her.

''You are a Targaryen. That's all that matters.'' Rhaenyra corrected.

+

"Miss you already." Tommen remarked.

"You sure you dont want to come?" Harwin mused.

"I will visit and make sure you are settled after the baby comes." Tommen assured giving him a hug. "Try not to be a disappointment at harenhal." Tommen teased.

"Try and make a decent woman out of davina." Harwin countered. They shared a hug before Tommen moved to lyonel hugging him as well. Wishing them safe travels.

''A word?''

''I take it he's gone.''

''We're finished here. We're leaving.'' Rhaenyra demanded

''What of your offer? Jace and Helaena?'' Laenor countered. She shook her head.  "Jace and Rhaena?"

"I didnt tell taelon yet. I will ask him after the baby comes." Rhaenyra corrected he looked to Laena and Taelon getting ready to leave as well. No point in staying without taelon here.  ''I have been undermined... and made a spectacle. They whisper about me in the corridors. Well, I leave them to it.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''To Dragonstone then?'' Laenor offered

''We should've left years ago.'' Rhaenyra admitted

''What of your position?'' Laenor countered ''You've always said if you were absent from court, she would pour her honey in your father's ear."

"The wise sailor flees the storm as it gathers.'' Rhaenyra offered she glanced back at Qarl. ''Laenor... bring him. We'll need every sword we can muster.''

+

"Daddy, can we put it together?" Aemna questioned. "I can help, I'm really strong, mama tells me all the time."

"You are strong." Taelon agreed. "Help me."
Aemna got to work as he moved to the kitchen, he poured a cup of coffee but left it steaming on the counter steaming away as he moved to Laena kissing along her neck she leaned back into him.

"Morning." Laena whispered kissing him. "Its good to be home."

"Oh, you taste sweet, someone get into the whipped cream already?" Taelon teased turning her to him.

"Best way to start the day." Laena agreed.

"I can think of one better." Taelon corrected. She leaned back on the counter Taelons hands still running over her, lips still consuming her neck and his hands slipped under her shirt teasing lightly at her chest.

"How am I supposed to build a crib?"  Aemna countered.

"Come on eat first the baby will wait another day." Laena plated the food and Taelon kept a hand on her as they moved to the table. Rhaena practically engulfed her food before Taelon took a sip of his coffee.

+

"That was useless." Taelon declared flopping down beside laena. "These instructions- God whoever made this thing, they are idiots." Laena laughed out.

"The maesters?" She mused.

"Yeah." Taelon agreed. "What do they know."

"Mama, please!" Rhaena begged holding up a piece. "If we dont have a crib then the baby can't come."

"SHe's got a point." Taelon agreed.

"I can call my father, he is a handy man." Laena remarked and taelon scoffed.

"I dont need you dad thinking I can't handle putting a crib together." Taelon corrected and Laena chuckled as she ran a hand through Taelons hair and down his chest.

"You are a great husband, a great father." Laena remarked. "I have complete faith in you that you will be an amazing father to this baby too. But my father will understand if you can't-"

"Shut up." Taelon corrected. "I can handle this."

"Of course, I know you are up for the challenge, you married me after all. I know you can finish..." Laena teased, his tongue peaked out between his lips as he stared back at her.

"Yeah, I can gorgeous... you need a reminder?" Taelon agreed capturing her hand between his and his chest. His heat radiating off of him made her feel all warm inside. Before he pulled her closer his body covered hers. She couldnt stop smiling as he devoured her.

"Stay on task people. We got a baby coming!" Aemna declared.

+

A fire broke out at Harenhal, when Harwin and Lyonel arrived, it consumed it. Trapping the Strongs inside.

''Fire! I will burn!''

''Harwin! Ah! Harwin!'' Lyonel screamed out banging on the door trying to break it down they screamed out in agony. The flames consumed them.

"They are dead." Tommen whispered reading the scroll. "A fire... Harwin and my father are dead... Taelon I almost went with, I could have died." Taelon hugged him tight.

"But you didn't, you are here brother." Taelon agreed.

"Gods," Tommen murmured holding onto Taelon.

"I'm so sorry, mate."

"I have to propose to davina." Tommen decided.

"What?" Taelon questioned.

"Life is too short and I love her and the boys and I want them forever." Tommen declared.

"Thats great pal, im happy for you."

"She hasnt said yes yet."

"She will." Taelon assured. "She loves you. And you love her like I love Laena."