Abandoned!Kuroko x Reader - A New Family

You are 17 and Kuroko is 10.

--

I think children don't understand.

You hadn't noticed a little boy sitting in front of you as you took a seat, "excuse me miss, my mum is sitting there," he said politely making you jump up.

"Ahh, you should have said something," you grumbled clearly annoyed. Actually you were always quiet grumpy, but no one knew why. They all stayed away from you since you never smiled and always seemed angry.

The pain of being left behind and forgotten.

"Tetsuya," a lady called her son, when she noticed you she smiled, "hi!" she said happily.

You nodded then turned away.

"Wait, I know we don't know each other, but I was wondering if you could watch over my son."

You shook your head but before you could turn around again she gave you a pleading look.

"You see my husband cheated on me, and I wanted some time to myself, you know to drink and stuff, I just wanted to get this off my mind," she giggled, you looked at her then to her son how was holding his mother's hand.

You looked at the boy with sad eyes wondering if he knew what was going on, "fine," you mumbled taking the boys hand.

After a while Kuroko asked, "mama's not going to come back for me is she?"

"She never asked for an address," you replied pitying the boy.

"What's she doing," he looked up at you.

"Suicide," you lowered your voice, and squeezed Kuroko's small hand.

"Why? I want to go home," he bursted into tears.

You picked him up and patted his back, you knew how hard it was being abandoned.

"Kuroko, right?" you said kneeling down to his level, "how about we be a family I'll be the older sister and you can be my little brother?"

He looked into your eyes and nodded, still not please, but he continued walking with you.

Both having your own story, both of you sad.

Maybe children do understand after all.