chapter 60

MARCIE'S HEART WAS BEATING OUT OF HER CHEST

She bit the man's hand and threw her head back, smashing it into his nose hard enough to let her go.

She turned around and before he could reach her once again, she kneed him in the crotch. Once he was on the ground, Marcie began to ran towards the ring once again,

"Daryl!" She screamed,

An hand grabbed her arm and she was pulled to a stop. As she turned, before she could attack the person who was keeping her from Daryl, she stopped, "Papa." She whispered,

"Marcella, what are you doing? Those men are dangerous."

She shook her head, "Not to me. All I see is the man I love."

Her father stared at her with wide eyes. Never had she ever given a confession like that. She's had boyfriends in the past, but she had never claimed to love them like she loved the hunter.

The eight months in the woods gave her a long time to think about him.

Marcie could hear the crowd cheering, the punches the Dixon brothers were landing on each other. And she could hear the snarls of biters.

"Please, papa, let me go to him." She begged, "Let me help him."

Her father let go of her wrist and Marcie gave him a teary smile before moving forward again. She called out Daryl's name as gunshots were fired.

The crowd began to scream and run in a panic. Marcie tripped as smoke filled the arena.

She sat up, leaning back on her elbows, and looked around. She spotted the crossbow on the ground and instantly recognised it as the young Dixon's. Marcie was quick to grab it before searching the smoke. She spotted the angel wings and scrambled to her feet,

Marcie called out his name and reached for his arm.

Daryl turned to slash at her but she quickly dodged it, "Daryl, Daryl, stop, it's me, it's me!"

He paused, lowering the knife, and stared down at her with wide eyes, "Marcie..." Daryl cupped her face and she smiled up at him, letting go of the crossbow,

"Hi." She whispered, tears filled her eyes, "It's been a while."

Daryl pressed his lips against hers and she was quick to react. She kissed him back frantically, clutching onto his leather vest.

Marcie pulled back, regaining her focus on the situation at hand. She reached down to grab the crossbow again as Daryl stared at her, "Rick said you were dead."

She handed him the crossbow, "Rick had every reason to believe I died on the farm. But I'm here. I'm alive."

A hand reached out and grabbed Daryl's shoulder, "We've got to go!" Merle yelled, "Let's go, little brother."