chapter 108

THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT, ROTTERS ATTEMPTED TO GET INTO THE BARN

But the group worked together to keep them out. A twister hit the area, swiping them away and damaging the area.

The barn remained untouched.

The sun rose the next morning, and they were all still alive.

The group was getting ready for another day of travelling, waiting for Maggie and Sasha to return, when the doors opened,

"Hey." The two women stepped in, "Everyone... This is Aaron."

A clean shaven man in clean clothes stepped in, with Sasha's gun pressed against his back.

Daryl was the first to stand, quickly heading towards the door to check if there was anyone else around while the others surrounded the man, their weapons at the ready. Vivian stood, pushing Liam behind her to keep herself between the strange man and the toddler.

"We met him outside. He's by himself." Maggie explained as Daryl began to pat him down, "We took his weapon and we took his gear."

Aaron looked around at all of them, "Hi."

Judith began to cry, breaking some of the tension, and Carl took his sister from his father.

Aaron stepped towards Rick, his hand out to shake, "It's nice to meet you." Everyone held their weapons up which made the man step back,

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick asked and Maggie handed the small hand gun over to their leader. Rick checked it before placing it into his waistband, "There's something you need?"

"He has a camp nearby." Sasha stated, "He wants us to audition for membership."

"Audition?" Marcie questioned.

"I wish there was another word." Aaron laughed nervously, "Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of a dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights." He joked but no one found the humour in it, "Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home."

No one moved or said anything, "I know. If I were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?"

Sasha gave him a look before walking over to Rick and handing the back pack over, "Front pocket, there's an envelope." Rick dug through the pocket before pulling out the envelope, "There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those." Rick grabbed pictures from the envelope and went through them, "I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found an old camera store last-"