chapter 09

MARCELLA WOKE UP INSIDE THE VAN FROM THE PREVIOUS DAY, USING HER PACK AS A PILLOW AND HER BOMBER JACKET AS A BLANKET.

She dug through her backpack, finding some new clothes before stripping off her blood covered tank top and pulling on a black t-shirt.

She walked over and noticed Jim and Dale was going through the sports car, taking it apart while Glenn watched sadly,

"Damn, couldn't let us go for another spin before they did that?" Marcie asked, crossing her arms,

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get." Dale told her,

She patted Glenn on the back before walking away. She sat by one of the fires and took out her knife before trying to clean it on her jeans.

Marcie glanced up to see Rick walking towards her, "Morning."

"Morning, Officer." She joked as he sat down next to her,

He held out his hunting knife, "Thank you."

Marcie nodded, taking the knife from him, "You needed another weapon beside a gun that holds like five bullets."

"I meant for helping me. Helping me find my family. I couldn't have done it without you." Rick told her, sincerely, before sighing, "I've been thinking about that Dixon man. The one on the roof."

Marcie twirled the sheathed knife between her fingers, "I have, too. After what T-Dog said last night... it's hard not to think about." She looked over at him, "You want to go back."

He nodded, "I want to go back."

Marcie looked over at Lori, who was hanging up clothes to dry, "Then I would go talk to your wife about it."

Rick sighed, placing his hand on her shoulder before standing and walking over to Lori. Marcella watched as he talked to his wife and her smile faded. She guessed that Lori wasn't so happy with the idea of him going back to Atlanta right after getting him back,

Suddenly, there were screams coming from the woods. It sounded like the kids that lived in the camp. Marcie gripped her knife and began running towards the source of the screaming, the others following.

They weren't very far into the trees when they spotted the kids running towards them. They ran to their parents while Vivian, Marcie, Shane, Rick, Morales, Jim, and Dale kept going.

The group came across a biter chomping down on the insides of a dear. Marcie took a step forward, going in to kill it when Shane pushed past her and began to beat on the corpse.