chapter 61

THE GROUP LEFT MICHONNE BY THE CAR AND MERLE IN THE WOODS WHILE THEY DISCUSSED WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO WITH THEM.

Personally, Vivian didn't want Merle near Liam, Carl, or the baby. He wasn't predictable. And he was capable of a lot of dangerous things. She remembered what he was like back in Atlanta. He was crude, and there was a reason why everyone avoided him.

But Michonne? She was clearly a threat, too. Dragging around walkers on chains, her sword. But she also helped Andrea and Marcie during the winter. She also brought the formula they dropped to the prison. She helped them break into Woodbury to get them back.

Michonne had redeeming properties. Merle... not so much.

"It won't work." Rick told Daryl ask they all stood in the road,

"It's gotta."

"It'll stir things up." Rick argued,

"Look, the Governor is probably on the way to the prison right now." Daryl defended, "Merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle."

"I'm not having him at the prison." Maggie stated,

"Do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as Carol or Beth?" Glenn asked the archer,

"He ain't a rapist."

"Well, his buddy is." Glenn shot back.

Vivian crossed her arms over her chest and scoffed at Glenn before walking towards the car, and leaning up against it next to Michonne.

Rick watched her walk away as Daryl continued fighting for his brother, "They ain't buddies no more. Not after last night."

"There's no way Merle's gonna live there without putting everyone at each other's throats." 

"So you're gonna cut Merle loose and bring the last samurai home with us?" Daryl sneered,

"She's not coming back." Rick stated,

"She's not in a state to be on her own." Maggie defended the stranger,

"She did bring you guys to us." Glenn added,

Michonne sighed, and the two watched as the group kept glancing over at them, "Not looking good for me, does it?"

Vivian shrugged, "You have more of a chance than Merle." She looked over at the dark skinned woman, "Thanks for bringing the formula to the prison. And for bringing them to us."

"You don't have to thank me."

"Yes, I do. You could've kept going. Walked away from the prison and from Woodbury without a second thought. But you wanted to help. And that means a lot. It gives you a chance." Vivian explained,