chapter 102

MARCELLA WOKE WITH A GASP

She felt like she was falling, and reached out to steady herself.

But there was nothing to catch her.

She pressed herself back into the solid mass behind her and placed her hands on the thing she was sitting on. Once she was steady, confusion filled her features.

Marcie was touching something rough, like bark.

Why was she sitting in a tree?

Then she felt the pain in her side. She assumed it was from the van, when the airbag deployed, but it was a different sort of pain. It wasn't her whole torso that hurt, it was coming from one spot.

It was familiar.

She glanced down at herself. Daryl's flannel was tied tightly around her waist, and there was a large blood stain on her side.

The sounds of groaning and fingers clawing at bark came from below. Marcie glanced down at the rotters that were trying to reach her.

Why was she here? She was in Atlanta before she passed out. She was with Daryl and Carol.

"No, no, no, no." Marcie mumbled to herself, looking around at the familiar scene.

She never made it out of that tree. She never made it off the farm.

Marcie never made it to Woodbury and found her parents.

She was back where she started.

Was it all a dream? Woodbury, the prison, Terminus all of it? It must've been.

She was still dying in that tree.

Marcie got out her butterfly knife, trying to figure out a game plan. Even if she had imagined everything after the farm, she needed to find everyone. Rick and the other, not to mention her parents.

She slowly climbed down, whimpering in pain. Marcie stared down at the walkers that were reaching for her and reached down to stab them in the head, dodging their hands.

Once they were all put down, Marcie placed her boots on the ground.

She tried not to cry. She already cried over this situation once, she wasn't gonna waste time by doing again.

The highway. That's where they went before.

Then a thought crossed her mind. To her, this all already happened. But, it didn't. So.... did they meet at the highway, or did they go somewhere else?

What if it doesn't happen they way it happened before?

Marcie glanced up towards the sky, finding the sun before choosing her direction. The highway was south of the farm.