chapter 74

VIVIAN LET OUT A GROAN AS A HEAVY WEIGHT LANDED ON HER TORSO,

"Wake up, momma!"

She wrapped her arms around the toddler and was quick to sit up, causing the boy to giggle. He wiggled out of her arms and slid onto the floor.

Vivian stretched her arms over her head, sighing as she lowered them. Liam moved his attention to the car toys on the child's rug that she found for him, giving her a moment to properly wake up.

She walked over to the desk, cursing as she stepped on one of his cars, and reached for the watch that laid on the desk near the entrance of the cell,

"7 a.m, really?" Vivian mumbled,

She quickly changed out of her pyjamas and helped Liam into his own clothes before finding him some oatmeal for breakfast.

Vivian left him in the main common room to finish eating to grab Judith, who she knew would be waking soon and would also be hungry.

She moved the sheet to the side to see Rick cradling Judith in his arms, rocking her back and forth,

"Morning." Vivian whispered, not wanting to wake Carl,

"Mornin'." He replied, stepping out of the cell,

"I thought you'd be out there already." She stated as Rick handed the baby over to her,

"Heard her squirming around in there. Was gonna wake Carl-"

"I wouldn't." Vivian stopped him, "He's been up all night reading comics."

Rick raised an eyebrow, "How'd you know?"

"I got up to feed Judy at two and he was fake sleeping. I have... had three younger brothers, I have an eye for it." 

Or he was just avoiding Vivian.

She apologised for what she had said to him back in the woods, when Woodbury was invading the prison. But he was still mad, barely speaking to her and avoiding her at all costs.

He sighed, "Guess I'll let him sleep in."

"Or deal with a crabby teenager." Vivian smiled at him, "See you out there?"

Rick nodded, placing a hand on her lower back for a moment as he slid past her, heading towards the cell block door. Vivian watched him walk away before sighing and going to the common room to heat up a bottle.

"Ya ain't goin'."

Marcella rolled her eyes and tossed her bag into the back of the Toyota Corolla before turning to Daryl, "Last time I checked, you weren't the boss of me, Dixon. You lost that right after you lied to me."