chapter 52

VIVIAN STOOD IN THE YARD, WIPING AWAY THE SWEAT AS SHE LEANED AGAINST THE RED TRUCK,

"Alright, let's get the other cars in." Rick ordered, "We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard."

"Good." Daryl tossed the large chain they used to drag the bus out of the pathway, "Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant 'vacancy' sign."

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn them." Rick continued,

"It's gonna be a long day." T-Dog sighed,

"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" Carol asked, "We could use some help."

Vivian grinned. She saw the two sneak up into the tower last night, and they never came back down, "Up in the guard tower."

"Guard tower? They were just up there last night." Rick replied,

Everyone turned to the tower that was closest to the courtyard, "Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl called out to them,

Two heads popped up in the window and Vivian snickered, seeing how messy their hair was. Glenn stepped out, shirtless and buttoning up his pants, "Hey! What's up guys?"

"You comin'?" Daryl asked and everyone else joined in on the laughing,

"What?"

"You comin'?!" Daryl repeated and Glenn turned to Maggie to say something before they both turned to the group on the ground, "Come on, we could use a hand!"

"Yeah, we'll be right down!" Glenn called out,

They all began walking towards the cars again, "Ah, young love." Vivian joked and Carol nudged her slightly,

"Hey Rick." T-Dog stated and they stopped to turn to him.

T-Dog was looking up at the courtyard and the group followed his gaze. Everyone's smiles fell when they spotted the two surviving prisoners.

"Come with me." Rick ordered as he walked up the path to meet them. Vivian put her hand on her gun as they approached, "That's close enough." Rick stated, "We had an agreement."

"Please, mister. We know that, we made a deal." The white one with the moustache stated as Glenn and Maggie stepped out of the guard tower from behind them.

They were surrounded. No way out if things when south.

"But you gotta understand..." He looked over at his fellow prisoner, "we can't live in that place another minute, you follow me? All the bodies, people we knew. Blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts!"