chapter 118

VIVIAN GAVE LIAM A KISS ON THE HEAD BEFORE WATCHING HIM RUN UP TO THE HOUSE TO START HIS SECOND WEEK OF SCHOOL

Everyday, he would come home, telling her about his day, what he learned. And she loved listening to him.

He had come out of his shell he was forced into by this world.

Finn came up to her, "Ready?"

She nodded, waiting till Liam was in the garage before following her brother towards Olivia's house, where the group was ready to go on a run. The power had gone out, and they needed some part for the panels.

Noah handed her and Finn a gun before holding one out to Eugene, "Oh, no, thank you.'

"Just take it." Noah insisted, "Come on, you got to protect yourself."

"Not if I don't go." He argued,

"We're not driving all that way so we can just drive back with the wrong shit." Aiden stated,

"It's a dozen of these." Eugene held up the router looking device in his hand, "They are consistent in appearance across manufacturers. The shit will be right. I will install said shit. Then the grid will be fully operational again."

"We will install said shit." Finn corrected him, pressing the gun against the man's chest, "And if I'm risking my ass out there, so are you."

Vivian smirked, tossing Noah an empty bag before they went to put it in the back of the van. Aiden went to go say his goodbyes to his parents while the other's got inside the vehicle, having to squeeze in due to the extra hands.

The car started and loud music filled their ears, "Great, another mix." Noah joked.

"Helps draw them away." Glenn sighed as the words 'now you're going to die' played over the speakers.

It took nearly an hour to get to the warehouse, which was just outside the capitol city. The area seemed empty, they didn't spot any walkers right away. Vivian just hoped that inside was the same.

"Looks like that door is our fastest way in and out." Aiden commented, nodding towards the door that was closest to the van,

"We should know all the exits first." Glenn stated, "So there's a plan if things go south."

"Already got one. It's called going out the front." Nicholas joked,

Vivian raised an eyebrow, "And if the front gets blocked by a bunch of geeks? What are you going to do then? Run around until you get cornered and ripped apart?"