Chapter 3

Madison's POV:

I wake up with a massive headache and groan. I stand up and make my way to the bathroom to grab some advil and drink water. Nick is still sleeping so I place some water and advil on the nightstand. I hear some noise downstairs and make my way to the living room. I see Lia on the couch, she's mumbling some stuff and tossing and turning around. I slowly make my way over not wanting to scare her. I slowly try to wake her by shaking her lightly but it isn't working. I try calling her name softly a few times and slowly tap her arms a few times. "Come on Lia.. wake up it's not real you're with me, with Mads. Just wake up we both know you'll hate it if I'll yell to wake you. Please help us both out and open your eyes. You're okay and safe." I try to reassure my best friend while stroking her hair and tapping on her chest a few times in hope of her waking up. But no luck.. So this means there is just one thing left to do

Amelia's POV:

"Lia, Lia, AMELIA" someone yells at me. I jump up but I fall off the couch. "Fuck me, ouch." I groan while getting up and looking around to see who was yelling. "Madison are you kidding me?? Why are you yelling my god." I say glaring at her and sitting back on the couch. "Don't start with me, why are you on the couch? It's only 7am so you have been here all night, talk to me." Mads says looking worried. I sigh and rub my temples. I stand up and walk to the kitchen to grab myself some advil and water. I look over at my best friend and point towards the bottle and pill. "I already took some, I'll make some coffee for us while you take the advil." She says while grabbing two cups and makes us both some ice coffee. I hum and nod while walking back to the couch. I sit down grabbing the blanket and put it around me while turning on the TV. Madison walks back in and hands me my iced coffee. I thank her and drink some. I put it next to me on the table and look over at her noticing the stare she's giving me. Great she knows. "Just ask" I say avoiding eye contact. "What made you so restless Lia, you only sleep here when something happened. You didn't wake up when I tried and we both know that means you're stressing big time. So please talk to me." She says. I look up at her and see that she's worried and her eyes are getting glossy. Ugh why is this happening now, just why. My best friend is freaking out. My mind is freaking the fuck out of me. And yet here I'm not knowing how to bring it up. She'll hate me, no she'll kill me together with V. Fuck. "I, uhm I it's nothing really" I sigh looking at my hands picking my skin. She takes both of my hands and rubs my knuckles softly while bringing me closer towards her chest. "Let it out, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere, you're safe with me." She says softly still rubbing my knuckles while pulling me close in her chest holding me tight. Those words only is enough to let me break down. I start crying and turn a bit sidewards so I can hide my face in her chest. Madison rubs my back slowly and tells me sweet nothings.

A couple of minutes I stop crying and sniffle here and now. I take some deep breaths and focus on my best friend. "She texted me after finding out I'm back here in town. She wants to meet up and talk. Before you start I already agreed. I wanna know why she did what she did. I wanna know whether it's my fault or that we both could have done something to make us work. I just need some answers Mads.. Ones only she can give me. Whether I like it or not that girl still has a big place in my heart. I'm not sure if I still love her but there are definitely still feelings for her. She texted me that she still loves me and that she hasn't stopped loving me. It just got all too much and my mind went flllyyyiinngg so I made my way here, watched Luci and fell asleep before you rudely make me fall on my ass." I ramble and look up at her. She sighs and pulls me in for a hug holding me close before slowly pulling back to look me in the eyes. "I'm not gonna say I don't hate her for doing this shit again. It breaks me to see how much control she still has with just one little message. It really hurts me knowing what she did but I also know that you guys really loved each other so maybe there's an explanation for what she did.. But if she messes up one more time, I'm getting V and we will have a chat with her. Anyways I'm here for you, I respect your decisions and will be there to stand by your side. Just please call me after you had a talk or come over or I can come to the hotel. I don't want you to be alone afterwards." Madison says while kissing my head. "I'm always here for you, Lia. Just like you're always there for me. I'm grateful that we ended up being besties. You're one of a kind." She says genuinely looking at me. I sniffle a bit taking in everything she just said. "I love you Mads. Thank you. I'm not sure what to expect but guess I have to find that one out right? She's texting me soon for a time and place. For now let's cook some breakfast for that lazy sleepy boyfriend of yours." I laugh while giving her one more hug and pull her with me to the kitchen. "You need to run once Nick found out you called him lazy." She says giggling.