1. Strength

Astro_Reaper22  Royaltyofstarlight Raptor-395 this is for you!!

+

"We haven't spoken much... since. A regret of mine. We should be free to speak our minds to one another." Viserys remarked. He knew that his children Taelon and Rhaenyra spoke often daily, hourly, they were connected at the hip some days it seemed.

"You can say whatever you'd like. You are the King." Rhaenyra reminded him and Viserys chuckled.

"What is this about father?" Taelon asked wrapping an arm around the back of Nyra's chair.

'I loved your mother... very much.'

'As did we.' Rhaenyra assured her fingers tap, tap, tapping on table. 'Ser Harrold provided a fine field of tourney knights.'

'Oh?' Viserys questioned

'But in questioning them, I discovered that Ser Criston was the only man among them with true battle experience." Rhaenyra told him.

"Yes, that and the fact that he beat Daemon to the ground. Something I always hoped to do myself. Quite the sight." Taelon agreed.

"He'll make a fine knight of the Kingsguard." Viserys agreed.

"Father?" Taelon asked impatiently. Viserys opened his mouth but saw the blood dripping onto the table. he looked to his finger. Damn throne.

"I'm sorry, I forgot I have something to handle." Viserys remarked getting up and heading out.

"Another lovely supper with father." Taelon mused clinking his glass with Rhaenyra.

+

"This is our best chance to save the digit, Your Grace." Mellos remarked. ' The maggots will remove the dead flesh and hopefully stop the advance of the rot.'

'I held an audience earlier today with Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys.' Viserys remarked needing to change the subject.

"That was most charitable of you, Your Grace. I'm sure Lord Corlys appreciated the spirit of it." Mellos told him.

"He proposed a marriage." Viserys disclosed.

"To whom, Your Grace?" Mellos pondered.

"The Lady Laena." Viserys told him and Mellos stopped examining his hand.

"For the prince Taelon." Mellos realized.

"No." Viserys corrected.

"For... yourself?" Mellos asked flabbergasted. Viserys nodded, he had the same reaction.

"To combine the strength of our houses, and demonstrate my reign's strongest days are ahead, not behind." Viserys relayed the message.

"Lord Corlys has overreached, Your Grace." Otto told him 'Such matters must be discussed with the Small Council." Otto reminded him biting back the edge to his voice.

"That is what I'm doing, presently. So... what is your advice, dear Otto." Viserys told him.

"The Lady Laena... is young, Your Grace." Otto told him trying to think of a reason to void this immediately.

"Indeed, but the wounds made by the Great Council still linger, my King. A match with their daughter would go a long way towards sealing the breach and uniting the two great Valyrian houses would certainly signal unity throughout the realm and beyond." Mellos reminded Otto. "Prince Taelon is in need of a bride."