Chapter 181: The Emperor's Suspicion

At the time of the reunion of the Shen Liang brothers, the news of Shen Liang's trip to the northwest also spread in the imperial city, and the people talked about it, all praising their brotherly love, some people were secretly annoyed and worried, and some people privately cursed Shen Liang to simply die in the northwest with his brother, while the emperor focused on the Qingping royal palace, because Pei Yuanxian has not yet returned.

Not many people know about Pei Yuanxian and Huo Yelin's brothers, and the emperor does not know, otherwise no matter how brave and good Huo Yelin is, he will not be able to hand over the 300,000 troops in the northwest to him, seeing that Shen Liang is worried that Shen Da went to the northwest, and Pei Yuanxian who said that he went hunting has not returned, the emperor is worried about the safety of the northwest, and on the other hand, he is afraid that Pei Yuanxian will go to the northwest with Shen Liang, and win Huo Yelin over through Shen Da, so that, They can hold nearly a quarter of the military power of Daqin in their hands, and if they add a Wei family who is on their way back, the royal family of Daqin may be in jeopardy by then.

"Haven't found anyone yet? "

According to Ling Yucheng's description, when Pei Yuanxian went out of the city that day, he said that he was going to hunt in the area of Fengming Mountain, and after the news of Shen Liang's trip to the northwest spread yesterday, the emperor ordered people to look for Pei Yuanxian in the area of Fengming Mountain, and until now he has not received an exact reply.

"Your Majesty forgives sins and is incompetent! The shadow guard leader knelt on one knee, the answer was self-evident, and the emperor's face became more and more ugly: "Expand the scope and continue to search, I want to see where he went."

"Yes. The shadow guard led the way, and soon Yang An came to report it, and Ling Wei arrived father and son, and the emperor looked confused, and calmed the anger in his heart a little before letting Yang Anxuan and them in.

"Weichen Ling Wei sees Your Majesty, long live my emperor, long live long live!" The tall Ling Wei came with a father and son, and every gesture showed the majesty and fortitude of the soldiers.

"Ling Aiqing is exempt from courtesy, give a seat.

"Your Majesty! Ling Wei and his son obeyed the duty of courtiers, and only after thanking each other did they sit down one after another, and the emperor smiled and said: "Ling Aiqing, the matter of Wangyue City has worked hard for your father and son, but unfortunately the imperial brother had an accident at that time, and the celebration banquet prepared for you had to be temporarily canceled, and now the news of Shen Da's poisoning and coma has come from the northwest battlefield, and the ambition of the wolf son of the Chu State also launched an attack at the same time, and your celebration banquet is afraid that it will always be owed."

In the end, the emperor sighed helplessly, and his face seemed to be very heavy.

"Your Majesty, the country is in trouble, how can I wait for pleasure? The war in the northwest is the most critical juncture, I wait for the military generals, I can't help but look forward to Huo Shuai's early transmission of good news, and the class teacher returns to the dynasty!

Ling Wei hugged his fist at him seriously, it was sincere words and flattery, they all knew that the emperor could not come to them specifically just because of this.

"Well said, my Daqin has patriotic martial generals like Ling Aiqing, why fear the ambition of foreign enemies and wolves?

The emperor clapped his hands and applauded, and after finishing the matter, he said in a condensed voice: "Ling Aiqing, you are also a brave and good general, I want to hear the truth, if the Chu Kingdom takes advantage of the situation to launch a fierce attack this time, what is the victory rate of the Northwest Army?"