russian roulette

|58|
JACK OF ALL TRADES

|58|JACK OF ALL TRADES

TWO YEARS LATER...

ARROW HOUSE,
1924

THERE IS AN old saying that some people are made up of two worlds. One in which they exist to hold everyone together and another in which they constantly fall apart. This was the case for Tommy Shelby, who had devoted his life to his family and their status.

It seemed like his efforts were paying off. No one could could think of Birmingham without thinking of the peaky blinders. And what was Small Heath without Thomas Shelby? You'd be silly to ask such a question in a literal sense.

For the Shelby's had built an empire like no other, they had reclaimed the rules that were meant to put them down.

However, more power meant more powerful enemies. More terrible and more influence. So, like a thief in the night, danger was always creeping and never far. It was the stalker that lurked behind Tommy and his family like a shadow.

But right now, just for one day, they could try put that all aside and just celebrate.

Today was a wedding, one of the most sacred ceremonies known to man. And it wasn't any ordinary wedding, it was Michael Gray's wedding.

"Fran!" Rose calls, rushing down the stairs. "Has the table been decorated with the flowers yet? And how are the seating arrangements?"

"Yes Mrs Shelby, and the candles have been lit. The seating arrangements have been prepared to your liking."

Fran was the head maid of the Shelby household, who took her job incredibly seriously. Her attitude was very straightforward and decisive. She was old, approaching her sixties and sometimes terrorised the younger maids.

"Good, good." Rose smiles, dusting her ultramarine blue dress.

Tommy and Rose's home looked like something out of a fairytale, like it didn't belong on this earth. Maids, butlers and cooks were in every corner, running all over the place, making sure everything was completely perfect for the grand occasion.

Today, nothing could go wrong.

Tommy had paid for the whole wedding, and Rose was hosting the reception dinner at their home which was within walking distance of the chapel.

The chapel. It was gorgeous. It hid behind emerald trees, and was as ancient and holy as they come. The entrance was surrounded by vibrant flowers, intertwined with each other like deranged lovers. You could see the megalithic stained glass windows and candles that burned at the alter from afar.