king of small heath

|20|
VIOLENT VICTORIES

PRISON, IT'S A foreshadowing hell. Another wretched world. A place you don't want to be.

You can be a prisoner of your thoughts yet be a free man. Tommy knew that of all people.

But now, he really had handcuffs on him.

"No funny business Shelby." A police officer by his side takes off his handcuffs.

The hallway was dark and gloomy, daylight had run away in fear and hid behind the daunting shadows. As Tommy walked down, two police officers closely stayed behind him.

He could hear it; the shouting of authority and commands in the distance.

He could also hear prisoners behind their cells, cheering his name. Of course, everyone knew Thomas Shelby. To them, he was the bad guy, but the difference was, he was their bad guy.

"Get a move on!" One of the police officers push him through a door that led to another endless hallway.

This was it.

Tommy was about to be confined in a cell, stripped of his human rights, starved and isolated for however long.

"Stop there." The police officer behind him orders, standing still.

Unaware of what's about to come, Tommy halts in the middle of the corridor.

Three large police men appear unexpectedly, walking towards him. In that split second, Tommy knew what was coming.

He braces himself.

"You fucking Shelby's!" The police man behind him slams his baton onto Tommy's back, sending him straight onto the cold floor.

"Finish him up lads." He spits.

Another one pulls him up, landing their fist on his face. Before Tommy knew it, five police officers were beating the life out of him, screaming, spitting, kicking. He could hear his ribs crack, see their fists get bloodier, he was losing his vision.

He could just about make out the sight of his peaky cap across the floor that had fallen off.

"When you're in here, you're nothing!" Tommy feels the baton slap across his face, cracking his jaw once more.

"Don't forget your crown." One of them mock, forcing his peaky cap on his head.

The policemen pick up his next to lifeless body, dragging him to his cell.

"Fuck them up Tommy!" A prisoner bangs from their cell as he got dragged.

"Get your filthy hands off him you dirty coppers!" Another protests.

Yet, the police weren't listening. They throw him into the small dirty cell recklessly, kicking him in the ribs one last time.

"S-stop." Tommy demand with his last breath, grabbing one of the police men's ankles. His face was swollen now, his eyes and nose bloody too.

One of the leading police men on the force was officer Evans. A real prick who had a strong hatred for the Shelby's. As you can imagine, right now he was having a field day.

"If it isn't the king of Small Heath begging for mercy!" Officer Evans chuckles condescendingly. "So you and your bastard brothers are capable of having some manners after all."

He locks the cell and starts to walk down the hallway, however, another man bumps into him with a tray of food.

"Oh, would you look at that. Just in time actually. Food has arrived Tommy!" He laughs, taking the tray of food and heading back up to his cell.