bittersweet

|18|
HOLD THY PEACE

AS THEY WALKED towards The Garrison, Rose could already hear the loud music, cheers, screams and chatter

AS THEY WALKED towards The Garrison, Rose could already hear the loud music, cheers, screams and chatter. The whole Birmingham could hear it. The king all the way in London Town had probably put in a noise complaint.

Abruptly, a man runs out the pub with purple feathers all over him, laughing hysterically as he gripped a bottle in his hand. It was a shit-show in there and you didn't need to be inside to know that.

A tall, well built man stood outside the pub, guarding the door. Since it was dark now, he looked like a scary omniscient ghost under the shadows.

"Tommy." He nods, as Rose and Tommy made their way towards him.

"You alright Steve?" Tommy pats their security guard on his shoulder.

He nods, grinning slightly. "Enjoy your night."

Before, opening the door for her, Tommy waits and whispers in Rose's ear.

"You look nice."

She was wearing a black dress that skimmed her knees, it dazzled brightly when you stared at it from certain angles. The dress was simple but truly breathtaking, and her diamond earrings added to the beauty of it all.

Tommy doesn't even give her a chance to reply back, he had swung the double doors of The Garrison wide open.

Confetti was everywhere, balloons and hired dancers with feathers were shaking their fringed dresses. All the tables and booths were filled with too many people to count. If someone wasn't drinking, they were dancing or doing both.

"One day, I'll have a club in London. Like Sabini's." Tommy had his hand on Rose's back.

"I'd like that." She smiles, looking up at Tommy.

He was so handsome, properly handsome. But, his ocean blue eyes weren't on her, they were looking around.

"Hello, Mr Shelby." A man in a tuxedo walks up to them.

"Hello Frank, you doing alright? How's the family?" Tommy shakes his hand.

"Good, good. They're well."

"Kids excited for Christmas?"

Frank smiles, "Every year. They've written letters for him and everything."

"Well, you keep behaving yourself Frankie. Keep any trouble out tonight." Tommy places his hand on Rose back again and they continue to walk further into the pub.