betrayal

|13|
A PRAYER WONT FIX IT

IT WAS A doomed love story from the start, a pair set for tragedy, Tommy would be deceiving himself if he said he didn't expect it to end this way — it was a fitting end

IT WAS A doomed love story from the start, a pair set for tragedy, Tommy would be deceiving himself if he said he didn't expect it to end this way — it was a fitting end. Roses die too. Actually, not too long after they're cut.

This was how it was always going to be, no matter how he told her.

It was always going to end in betrayal.

"You're a liar!" Rose pushes Tommy, but it didn't seem to do much, he barely moved an inch.

He tries to come closer to her, to calm her down.

"A fucking liar!" She pushes him further away.

The one person she could've swore was on her side was planning to betray her father and her the whole time.

"Rosie, it's not what you think—"

She scoffs loudly, amused at his attempts to save himself. "It's exactly what I think! You want to knock my dad out the business, you lied to him  just to throw him under the bus!"

"He was never your ally, he was always your competition."

Tommy couldn't even forge a decent argument.

"And for what? All in the name of money, status, fame?" Rose was looking at Tommy in a new light now. "It's been the plan all along hasn't it?"

Tommy holds his cigarette firmly. "Yes."

"Fuck you."

"Rosella—"

"No fuck you, and shame on me for thinking you weren't—" She pinches the bridge of her nose, pausing, she didn't want to break down. "You weren't like the lot of them. But you bloody are. You only care about getting to the top, that was your plan."

"Can you let me explain?" Tommy tried to keep his composure but he could feel himself getting agitated now.

"You've made yourself clear already ." Rose scolds back in his face, her nose brushing against his too.

He opens his mouth to speak but she beats him to it, "You were going to frame him with the guns weren't you!?"

In anger, she hits his shoulder. "Weren't you?"

No reply.

Rose hits him again in the same spot, harder. "He could fucking hang for that, you know that right?"

"I know."

She couldn't believe Tommy right now, she couldn't believe this was the same man she laid all her trust in. Her facial expression was somewhere in between mortified and absolutely furious.

"That's why you didn't tell me about her, your childhood sweetheart, eh?" Rose spits with disgust. "You still love her?"

"No." Tommy didn't break eye contact.