the marquis of lorne

|45|
ONLY EIGHTEEN

JOE COLE | JOHN SHELBY

"WHERE ARE YOU both going?" Sarah interrogates as Michael and Isiah walk into their house, fully dressed in suits.

"We're going out for drinks but I've forgot my coat and it's got my money in it." Isiah explains before running upstairs, leaving Michael and Sarah in the hallway alone together.

"Y-you look nice." Michael compliments, scratching his head awkwardly.

"I'm in my nightgown."

"Yeah but it's like, really empowering. You're proving that women don't need to be all dressed up all the time." Micheal explains.

"Look, I'm just going to bed." Sarah shrugs.

There's awkward silence for a couple seconds between them.

"You look nice though." Sarah compliments back. She really did mean it. "And I do support the movement, about women."

"How's your cut?"

"That healed ages ago. I'm good as new." Sarah smiles, leaning on the wall. "Sorry about my friend Matilda, she's a bit straightforward. She means well though."

"I can promise you it was accidental. I had no intention of knocking you flat out." Michael chuckles.

"I have a mission for you Michael Gray. Make sure my brother comes home in one piece please, he can't be drunk, we have things to do tomorrow." Sarah instructs.

Michael thinks about her words. "I don't know about that."

"What do you mean?" Sarah narrows her eyes at him.

"I'll buy him two drinks." Micheal says.

"No, only one."

"Okay, three."

"What? That's not how you bloody negotiate. Why are you going up??"

"I'll stop at two if you go out with me." Michael proposes.

"What? I'm not going out with you!" Sarah refuses.

"Alright, I'm buying him four drinks."

Knowing the idiot Isiah was, Sarah knew he'd definitely drink anything that was free.

"I'm still not going out with you."

"Tommy just gave me a job so it's no problem buying him drinks."

"You little shit." Sarah shakes her head.

"Five drinks now."

"Fine! I'll go out with you." Sarah gives in. "And only because I don't want my brother coming home absolutely sloshed."