killing is a kindness

|43|
TELL ME SOMETHING

ARROW HOUSE, WARWICKSHIRE 6:30pm

ARROW HOUSE,
WARWICKSHIRE
6:30pm

"RIGHT. TODAY IS my wife's fucking birthday." Tommy begins. He had gathered his brothers, Charlie, Johnny Dogs, Isiah and other peaky blinders into the kitchen of his new country mansion.

"Yeah and you said Billy Kimber's brothers weren't going to be here, or those bloody toffs called the Daltons." John mentions, annoyed.

"Nevertheless John, despite the bad blood we had with Kimber, I'll have none of it on my new carpets." Tommy makes clear. "Now for Rose's sake, nothing will go wrong."

He pauses, looking at all of them. "And I mean nothing. Those bastards out there are her uncles. The Daltons, whether we like it or not, are her family."

Tommy waits for a butler to walk past before continuing.

"If you fuckers do anything to embarrass her," Tommy points at all of them aggressively, "your kin, your cousins, your horses, your fucking kids...you do anything!—"

"Tom." Isiah interrupts.

"What!?" Tommy's face was filled with rage.

"What about snow?" Isiah asks. "You know, cocaine. It's not a birthday party without it."

Tommy waves the cigarette in his hand, shaking his head slowly. "No, no." He walks right up to Isiah, pointing in his face. "No fucking cocaine."

He moves to John, who was next to him. "No sport." He backs away, addressing them all. "No telling fortunes. No racing."

Tommy angrily walks up to Finn, grabbing his face. "No fucking sucking petrol out of their fucking cars!"

"And you! Charlie!" Tommy wasn't done yet. "Stop telling stories to them about me, eh? I don't need you to spin any yarns."

Tommy's uncle shrugs. "I'm just trying to sell you to them Tom. The Daltons like my stories."

Tommy takes a long inhale of his cigarette, drawing smoke into his lungs. "But the main thing is..." He begins. "You bunch of fuckers, despite the insults from Kimber's brothers, no fighting."

There's a long pause as all of them take in Tommy's words—he was serious about this and you could tell from the frightening volume in his voice.

"Oi!" He charges up to Isiah, lifting his head up. "No fighting."

Tommy points at John again. "No fighting."

Arthur, who already knew Tommy was coming to him next, puts both his hands up innocently.

"No fighting."

Tommy turns back around facing everyone in the room. "No fucking fighting!"

His thunderous words were so loud that even the glasses on the counters trembled in fear and the walls could've cracked.