art of seduction

|47|
IS THIS DESIRE?

   "LOOK IN THAT basket

   "LOOK IN THAT basket." Tommy gestures to the brown basket on the table. Rose had just returned with Finn. Arthur had left now to London, Esme and John were outside.

She hangs her coat up, smiling a little. "Why?"

"Just look."

Rose walks over to the basket and looks down, it was full of green apples.

Tommy gets up from his chair. "Got them from that market place you like. You said you were craving them."

He was now behind her, looking at them with her. Rose felt a knot increasing in her stomach. Theo kissed her, yet she couldn't understand why she felt so guilty.

"What is it?" Tommy questions, catching that look on her face.

"Oh Tom, I said I was craving red apples. Not green." She chuckles, he made her heart warm.
Rose turns around and faces him. "Thank you."

Tommy moves her hair out her face. "I'm going to go sort out something with the horse, alright? When I get back there's something you need to do for me."

Rose nods.

Then, so abruptly, she remembers Theo. She just couldn't shake him out her mind.

"Tommy, first I need to talk to you. It's about um," Rose gulps, this was harder than she thought. "It's about that crib back at the house, it just arrived yesterday."

Tommy inhales his cigarette, then pulls it away to answer. "Yeah, I know. I said I was going to set it up."

Rose looks up at her husband, she really loved him. They weren't perfect but they were real, which was far more better. Tommy was also looking into her hazel eyes, the sun was reflecting so elegantly on them.

"Do you want to have another baby?" He blurts out.

"What?" Rose seemed outraged and amused at the same time. "Haven't even gotten the first one out yet."

"I know, I know." A small smile flashes on his lips, that was rare, and you'd be lucky enough to catch it for a second.

"The car is ready, Tommy." John says, walking in.

Tommy nods, putting on his peaky cap and coat. It was back to business.

"Alright, be safe. I love you." Rose pecks his lips quickly and he leaves out the door.

She needed to tell him before he heard it from someone else, it was eating her up keeping it away from Tommy. They told each other everything.

Theo was still out there, in Small Heath. Rose had no idea how long he was staying for either.

•••

LONDON

Dresses, expensive champagne, rampant music and lights. The peaky blinders were back in London, and this time, Arthur Shelby was leading them. The most unhinged and
irrationally dangerous brother out of their sinful trinity. He had no trouble making his way into The Eden Club with his men.