sabini's club

|28|
FORGOTTEN TALES

POLLY STORMS OUT the house, trembling

POLLY STORMS OUT the house, trembling. She felt the whole world crashing down on her shoulders as her lips quivered. Her vision was blurry, thoughts muddled and disoriented.

It couldn't be true. It just couldn't.

"No..." She clenches onto her coat, weeping. "No."

Frustrated and broken, she lets out a blood-curling scream in the middle of the road.

"No!" She bellows, holding onto herself tightly like a child.

"No..." she whispers.

Polly had suffered too many losses in her life.

When her daughter and son were taken from her at an early age by the Parish, life was never the same.  It had been her mission for the last couple months to find them, to get her kids back.

Yet, she kept having strange dreams about her daughter, Sally. In her vivid dreams, Sally was eighteen, the age she'd be now. And, she would shout. The way Polly shouts. Then she'd tell her, she's dead.

These dreams would tear through Polly's rest for nights, rendering her powerless to insomnia.

So, for her own peace of mind, she went to a reading. A local gypsy reading. 

Right now, they had just confirmed her worst fears.

Her daughter was dead but her son, was still alive.

•••

LONDON

The city was still alive and rampant at these resting hours. The gloomy moon watches over, providing some light to a dark sinned city.

The Peaky Blinders had arrived.

The smoke was so thick you'd think you were underwater.

Cars engulfed and vomited people out by the second. A bulimic process in which one who arrives at London soon learns happens continuously. On every street was laughter, singing and chatter. Peace was not something that existed in London. And if it did, it was a different kind of peace.

"Why'd you make us bury that man?" John asks as they continue to walk up the street leading to Sabini's club.

Before heading into London, they stopped at an abandoned country side end. Tommy had been keeping a dead man in the back of the car and told his brothers to bury him with no further context.

"Who was he Tommy?" John wouldn't stop until he got a decent response.

"You buried a thousand men in France and not once did you ask who they were." Tommy finally gives somewhat of an answer.