Issue #39...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

In the previous issue...

After a warning from Roran's fox spirit, they soon encounter monsters, which can easily manipulate themselves and turn into shadowed mirrored images of their opponents. They are defeated, but not without the help of Sawyer...a grey wolf who is attracted to the scent of human's blood. An addiction all werewolves apparently have. He is shocked that Breanna and Mocuba are human, and part of what he would call members of a Pack. Curious, he travels back to Seto's place, trying to figure out what they are. Hope, suspicious, allows him to come, but only in exchange for answers. Mocuba, to Seto's relief, makes a decision to go back to Battle City.

Picture of an important character off to the side ----->

*************************************************************

[Hope's point of view]

            I didn’t even know that our world had werewolves…but I suppose all those myths and legends had to come from somewhere.       

            We were in the den and it was on the main floor—there was a large black leather couch in the middle of the room that Sawyer was camping out on. The couch was placed in front of a huge glass table that was the width of the couch and there was a soft chair Seto sat on. Roran chose the small sofa and even though there was enough width on the couch that I could sit in it—I chose not to. Instead I chose to stand around the chair of Seto’s, standing up—waiting for answers. I had grabbed Seto’s phone and set it on the middle of the table, since it had Breanna on speaker phone on it after she dialed his phone number from another room.

            “You don’t understand—” Sawyer spoke as he could tell I was annoyed I had to go to extra measures for him because he wanted to human blood—Breanna’s blood. “All the werewolves I’ve known—they’ve all longed for human blood! There was never a choice in the matter—it runs deep in our veins.”

            “There is always a choice…” I said truthfully. “If you want something bad enough—you won’t do it. It’s what separates us from animals—it is what makes us half human.”

            The phone was silent, Breanna agreed I knew, but she was unsure of how to respond. Seto and Roran were quiet—and thinking.

            “You said you never knew any type of wolf that couldn’t resist?” Seto asked solemnly.

            “No, never—you’re the first Pack of wolves I’ve ever met that’s never tasted human blood—you even smell more human than any other Pack.”
            “Well, I don’t know about never tasting human blood.” I added, “We’ve defended ourselves plenty of times against…uh humans.” I remembered the alley in which I had first shape shifted in, I nearly tore the Oracalcos thug’s arm off, but he had it coming.

“So if we smell human—are you going to try and kill us too?” Roran asked coldly—and I knew that there wasn’t much restraining him from killing Sawyer, especially since Sawyer would go after Breanna given an appropriate chance. His golden brown eyes had changed, as he stared at Sawyer with an electric gaze.

            “No—it’s like a mixed smell of human and wolf—so it smells like a part of us—and a part of human—the desire for your blood isn’t possible.”

            “The thought of human blood sounding good is still disgusting.” I said, degraded by this. “Any person thinking there’s any advantage of being a werewolf like you that has to have blood—is messed up inside the head.”