Chapter Forty Three

I have only seen Harry for like seconds before my face was buried into a hard chest and I was wrapped in strong arms, trying to stop me from getting free and running towards him.

The image of Harry laying on the bed never left my mind even if I only saw him for seconds; he wasn't wearing any shirt but his chest and torso were covered in white bandages every two inches on his body.

His head of curls was wrapped with a white roll around it, leaving his damp hair sticking to his forehead and stains of dried blood covered his temples.

Hearing his shallow breathes so loud made me feel like I was suffocating. I'd like to think that if I don't breathe then he'll get the oxygen I was using into his lungs to help him breathe better.

I didn't get the chance to see Louis who I saw his figure two beds away from Harry's. I didn't want to, he might look even worse than Harry and I couldn't handle two at a time.

I looked up through teary eyes at Alex who was hugging me so tight "please, let me go. I need to see him. I need to be with him."

Alex sighed before his arms loosened around me until he let me go completely. Once I was free of his hold, I rushed towards Harry's sleeping figure and I cried even more, getting a better look at all the bandages. There were at least a dozen of them.

"Harry..."

My voice was barely audible as I held his hand gently and sat beside him on the chair. The boys have left us alone for privacy, even in an open space with other patients around, it still felt like we were the only ones there.

They managed to save some of the medical equipments and instruments, such as the beds, medicines, and chairs, through the portal I guess.

I brushed my fingers through his loose curls at the top of his head but I immediately pulled my hand back when he hissed in pain and his eyebrows furrowed. His eyes stayed closed though.

I muttered to him "you're awake Harry?"

No response. I guess I just made him uncomfortable.

Ever so lightly, I felt his fragile fingers shake a bit before I felt the pressure around my hand, squeezing it.

I never thought I'd use the word fragile in anyway to describe anything about Harry, but I did.

I kept repeating in a whisper "I'm here, I'm here.. I won't leave you alone.."

I closed my eyes just for a bit, trying to concentrate on his inhales and exhales through his nose.

My eyes flew open when I heard the sound of an owl in the distance. I had my head resting on the matress with my hand still holding Harry's. Did I fall asleep?

I lifted my head up to take in my surroundings, which was the forest.

I looked up at the sky to see that the redness is now turning back to dark blue. I think it's four or five AM.

I sighed to myself. I can't sleep again now, I'm fully awake.

I realized that I've been covered with a blanket to keep me warm. I looked over at Harry to see him also covered in a blanket that reached up to his chin. His hand wasn't covered though because I was holding it still. I bet one of the guys put the blankets over us.

I looked up at his face to find his emerald eyes wide open, staring at the slightly faded stars above. The view could only be seen at this hour. The stars aren't visible in the red sky.

I smiled a bit at his beautiful face before I whispered "breathtaking, isn't it?"

He didn't respond. He didn't even look at me. Well, he was breathing, so he wasn't dead.