Chapter Thirty Eight

I was stunned.

I didn't understand.

The story just felt like it was all made up, like it wasn't real.

Olivia continued "it's just 5% of the human population were like that, like.. you. They work for the headmasters. They're the smartest, strongest, and most dangerous of all."

She paused "you were one of them. You worked with them, for them. You killed everyone who stood in their and your way. You were their killing machine. Though you were so small, yet you were powerful."

Olivia sighed before she continued "the implant was activated when you were ten or eleven. Those girls you saw, you kidnapped their parents along with them, tied them up in their headquarters and made them watch you kill their parents and loved ones before you freed them."

I couldn't help the tears at the corners of my eyes.

I was a murderer and I didn't even know that. I should be in jail, not wandering around the people I once killed their loved ones.

"They want you back so that you will be the leader of those 5% human beings. If they catch you, they'll install a new implant, a more powerful one than the previous one to control you permanently forever. The ones who are searching for you are almost your age, but they couldn't break the spell like you did."

I questioned, my throat scratching as my tears started spilling out of my eyes "what happened to me?"

She explained, I didn't know she had anything to explain, it was my life, not hers "I watched, from my window and on TV. They couldn't keep you under their control. There must've been something wrong with your implant or the device they were controlling you from. You killed every human being that passed by you. You didn't care, until you saw us walking down the streets. You didn't even scratch us. That was the only human part of you left. You didn't touch anyone except for the cyborgs living among us."

I was confused now, I didn't remember any of that but I needed to know what happened to me after they lost control over me.

I shook my head "then what happened to me after they couldn't control me?"

"They caught you, sedated you because you were fighting them. They removed the dangerous implant with its memories and planted the new one. They thought they wanted to give you time to think and live a little as a cyborg before they could plant the newest eddition of the dangerous you again. And now the implant is ready and they want you back."

She took a breath "why do you think the train you were on broke down so suddenly when we all know it has been working just fine for the last decades. The climate change was all a distraction to get to you and capture you, but Harry was fast into saving you from them.

Holy shit I thought it was the climate change that caused that. I never thought it was because anyone was after me.

I asked, concluding "so I'm not dangerous now?"

She answered "oh no you are still dangerous. You're threatening all these people back there because the headmasters want the best back, and you are the best they had. But we won't let them take you away from us."

I questioned "so I'm in danger, you're in danger, everyone's in danger, all that because of me?"

She nodded slowly with a sad look on her face "I'm so sorry."

I couldn't stand that I was a serial killer. I had innocent blood on my hands. Innocent people died because of me. This wasn't fair. It would never be fair.