48. A new niece.

Camille had finally managed to get some sleep when once again she got woken up by a scream. This time it was coming from Charlotte's room and the scream sounded more cheerful.

Isobel and Camille rushed in there and saw Charlotte rushing around her room, throwing clothes into her bag.

"Uh... what's happening?" Camille said and looked at her phone which showed 5am.

"She's giving birth! My sister is giving birth!" Charlotte cheered. Isobel and Camille's eyes lit up.

"What?! You're gonna be a niece!" Isobel shouted and they went to hug the brunette girl. There were hints of tears on Charlotte's eyes.

"I know! This so amazing! And it's a girl!" Charlotte said and went back to packing.

"We can come too!" Camille said.

"Oh I'd love that, but my sister kind of wants only her siblings to be there, especially since the whole drama with her and dad" Charlotte said awkwardly.

"Oh... okay" Camille said. She had forgotten about that. Charlotte's dad hadn't approved of her sister's pregnancy which meant there was a crack in their family. Charlotte had been worried sick about it and had tried multiple times to fix the relationship between her sister and her dad, but with no luck whatsoever.

"When will you be back?" Isobel asked.

"I don't know... she'll probably need my help settling the baby in their home after leaving the hospital. Who knows how many days that will take" Charlotte said.

"Do you think you'll be back before Christmas?" Camille asked.

"I really don't know. I hope so, but... you guys understand, right?" She said sadly.

"Yeah, of course" they both answered. Charlotte gave them both a kiss on the lips and a long hug and they went downstairs to see her off. Now it was just the two of them and Isobel would be leaving soon as well.

The two girls spent the night together, cuddling in Isobel's bed. The holiday was just getting worse and worse for Camille.

The next morning, they had breakfast and listened to Pauline talk about her new life as a wife for a whole hour. After that it was time for her to leave. She got into an expensive car, which according to her was bought by Daniel as a gift for her, and took off.

Camille closed the door and took a deep breath.

"What a nightmare" Isobel said.

"She's not that bad..." Camille muttered and Isobel raised an eyebrow, "we grew up together. She has her moments"

"If you say so..." Isobel said, "anyway, I should start packing she added awkwardly and shifted on her feet as if there was something else she wanted to say.

"Do you wanna come with me?" Isobel offered, "I know my family's hard to deal with, but at least we'd be together on Christmas, right?" She tried to smile.

"Oh... um... thanks, but I think I'll stay here. Plus Charlotte or Candice might still come back for Christmas and it would suck if there was no one to open the door" she said hopefully.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come?" Isobel asked again and Camille nodded with a small smile, "...okay"

Isobel stepped forward to Camille who was pressed up against the door and gave her a deep passionate kiss. Camille wrapped her hands around the girl and kissed her back.

"...I'm sorry" Isobel whispered and pressed her forehead onto Camille's.

"For what?"

"For leaving... it's just... my dad barely calls me and I thought-" she started, but Camille cut her off with another kiss.

"It's okay, Isobel. You have nothing to be sorry about. I understand completely. Trust me, I know all about family issues" she offered a weak smile, "you should be with them for Christmas, plus I won't be completely alone even if Candice and Charlotte don't make it. I'll have Buddy and Luna and Caster and Charlotte the third. It'll be fun. Christmas with the pets" Camille grinned.
Isobel sighed and smiled back at her...