18. Lonely

A/N so there's a slight smut scene in this. Not too much. Just the smallest scene, but if you're uncomfortable just skip to the end. Though I doubt you will.

Isobel sat at the window and let the moon guide her thoughts, end the silence, override the quiet night with the loud, reckless river of thoughts. She squeezed the blanket closer to herself and rested her head on the glass. She couldn't sleep. Her past had chosen this specific night to haunt her.

Her memories came knocking on her door in a form of a nightmare. She had woken up in swear and fear. She had thought she'd left the feeling behind. The restless need to be perfect. She had thought she'd buried it in a chest and sunk it in the sea, but oh, how wrong she had been. No, the memories, they were clever, they waited in the darkest parts of her mind and chose the most vulnerable moments to show themselves. They haunted her in her dreams, her nightmares. Where she couldn't escape them...

So here she was, wasting another sleepless night. Wishing she could go back and change things.

She sighed and closed her eyes, the moonlight landing on her face calmed her down, but the monster that were created in front of her the second her vision went dark was too distracting.

Something tapped on her shoulder, making her flinch. She looked up to see a girl with light pink hair.

"It's just me" Camille said with a soft voice which instantly calmed Isobel down, "why aren't you sleeping?" She asked as she sat down on the frame in front of her. Isobel squeezed her knee closer to her to make space for the other girl. Her other leg was hanging down from the seat.

"I had a nightmare"

Camille pressed her lips together with concern.

"You've been having those pretty often" she noted and Isobel looked out the window to avoid her lingering eye.

"It's nothing. I'll take a long nap tomorrow" she shrugged, "you don't have to stay out with me"

Camille smiled a little before putting her hand on Isobel's knee, "Maybe I want to spend time with you"

Isobel looked back at her. She raised her eyebrow as she observed Camille's expression. A mix of concern and playfulness. She realised where this was going and she found it would be the perfect distraction.

Isobel smirked, giving Camille the cue to make the next move. Camille ran her hand which had been resting on Isobel's knee down her thigh as she leaned forward. She brought her lips closed to her and gave her a few seconds to reconsider before diving into her lips. Isobel was quick to cuff Camille's face. Her thumb brushing against her jawline while the rest of her fingers found a place on her neck. Camille left her seat as she god down on her knees before Isobel who leaned down to continue the kiss. Then their lips broke apart as Isobel put her other leg down as well and pressed her back on the window. She pressed her feet on the floor to lift herself up so Camille could pull down her silk pyjamas. Isobel moved closer to the edge of the frame as Camille ran two fingers over her laced underwear. Isobel bit her lip. Camille didn't break eye contact as she lifted Isabel's underwear enough to slide her hand in. Isobel pressed her head harder into the window. There was another house close to theirs where an elderly couple lived. The lights were still on and their windows were facing the girl's house. Both girls realises this was a risky decision but they didn't really care. Isobel moaned when she felt the firs finger slide in. Camille grinned proudly.

Isobel definitely wouldn't be getting any sleep that night...