22. Isobel. 1/2

~flashback~

I ran down the stairs of our mansion. They were all standing in the hall. My mom, my grandparents, my siblings, our driver, the maids, our housekeeper, our dogs and their caretakers. I had dressed up that day. One of my special dresses. I looked like a small doll with my hair pinned up halfway and the rest falling down. I had asked Molly, one of the maids, to help me curl my hair for the special day. She helped me put on the dress as well since I was too young to figure it out.

I ran downstairs and shouted out, "is he here? Is he here?!"

Mom looked at me. I realised she was nervous with her hand lingering near her mouth as it did when she was trying to keep herself from biting on her nails when nervous.

I ran up to her and hugged her. I looked up without letting go, "is he here?"

"Do you see him anywhere?" She asked rhetorically, "no, he's not here"

I awkwardly let go and went up to Molly who took my hand. We all waited until a black limo pulled up. I felt the same excitement come back to me.

"Molly, he's here! He's here! I finally get to meet him!" I cheered as she giggled.

"Yes, Issy. You'll finally get to meet your dad"

Mom looked at us with somewhat annoyed eyes. I couldn't understand back then what the look was about. Oh how young and stupid I had been.

I looked through the white open doors. A tall man got out of the back of the limo. He was wearing a suit which didn't surprise me, since our family always dressed formally. This was the first time I was seeing him. He looked sophisticated, even a bit cold. The tall stranger walked up the steps and came in. Everyone greeted him warmly and he flashed us all a small smile. He went up to my mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I couldn't see the reaction on her face and even if I had seen it, I don't think it'd be worth trusting. My mom knew how to hide her emotions well. One of her best skills actually.

She gestured at me, resulting in him turning around and glancing down at the little me. He looked so powerful and important. And I was his daughter. Would he be proud to call me his daughter? I wanted him to be proud.

"Hello, Isobel." He said in a calm tone. I decided this was a wonderful time to swallow my tongue. He had a faint smile lingering on his mouth but it was hard to notice, yet it gave me a lot of comfort.

Molly squeezed my hand and I looked up at her as I felt my heart pumping in my chest.

"Don't you wanna hug your father, Issy? You've been so excited to meet him" she said.

I gulped and looked back at him.

"...h-hi" I mumbled. Something in his expression changed. He went from serious to... angry. But he hid it well, just like mom would. Thought because of her I had gotten good at reading expressions and my heart stopped when I sensed something other then anger in him.

...disappointment...

I had already failed.

                                              ~•~

Present time

Caster was slipping peacefully on the counter, dreaming of all things good like fish and mice when a loud sneeze startled him off of the counter. He hisses and fell down luckily on his legs. He walked away looking rather annoying when Isobel came into the kitchen holding a toilet paper role and squeezing it around her reddened nose. She was wearing pyjamas and her hair was up in a terribly messy bun which she had worn for days now. Her eyes were swollen just as her nose.

"Hey there, hot stuff" Candice said.

"You look really alluring today" Camille added as she walked behind Candice.

"Ha ha" Isobel said with a stuffed nose sound.

"Wow even her voice is turning me on" Candice said to Camille.

"I know right" Camille grinned.

"Okay, you guys aren't funny. Like at all" Isobel grumbled.

"What's for breakfast?" Candice asked.

Isobel held up a bowl of cereal she had made, "cerea-" she sneezed before she could finish the word, "...with a hint of snot"she said as she looked down at the bowl.

"...how delicious" Camille said with a disgusted face, "do you feel any better?"

"Not really. But of course I had to get sick, I always get sick before starting important projects. It's like a curse or something" she complained.

"It's pass soon and then you'll be back to working on your designs" Candice shrugged as she grabbed a bottle of orange juice from the fridge.

"What if it's too late then?" Isobel asked.

"It won't be" Camille said before they heard a phone ringing, "it's mine"

She picked up the phone. The others stayed quiet while she took an important call. Then she hung up.

"Well?" Isobel asked.

Camille looked at them with a serious expression.

"...she said she wants to meet me!" She cheered as the other two joined her. Candice with her loud cheers and Isobel with her coughs.

"Ahh you cough is music to my ears" Candice grinned.

"Oh shut up!" Isobel complained, "when do you leave?"

"On Friday. I'll be gone for three days" Camille explained.

"That's too long!" Candice complained from behind the counter as she was now kneeling down to put some cat food in the cat's bowl. She filled the water next.

"And it gives us too little time to pick- *cough* ou- *cough* your outfits!" Isobel shouted through the pain of her throat.

"...maybe you should be in bed" Camille said as the two girls looked at Isobel. Candice took a few steps away from the sick girl as she gave her a skeptical look.

"...I'd really rather not catch a cold" she muttered as Isobel grunted.

"I'm fine, you guys! Plus Charlotte went to get me the medicine that the doctor prescribed"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you should be walking around like this" Camille said and pointed at the stairs, "bed. Now!"

"Since when are you the bossy one?" Isobel mumbled.

"I'm getting seriously turned on by this" Candice said as she stared at the new side of Camille.

"You have problems" Camille said to her.

"You both do" Isobel huffed and went upstairs, "come up to my room later and we can pick out a few outfits, Cam"

"Well at least she's not as stubborn when she's sick" Candice shrugged.

"You should go too and work on that song lyrics of yours" Camille told her.

"Can you say that in a bossy tone" Candice said as she mockingly bit her lip.

"Go!" Camille raised her voice and Candice left with her hands up in air as a sign of peace.

                                               ~•~

A/N: I don't want the chapters to be too big so I'll cut it here, hope you don't mind.