2. A day in our life.

Third person narrative...

It was a beautiful morning, the sun was shining brighter than the... sun. Birds were chipping, Camille was watering her plants on the porch. Charlotte was finishing the last page of her favorite book for the eleventh time while pouring her third cup of coffee. Isobel was tanning in the garden. Camille poured too much water in one plant because she got distracted by Isobel. Candice was trying on a periwinkle dress as she sang to the birds.

...yeah, okay. The last part is a lie. She was not wearing a princess dress and she was definitely not singing... but she was-...

"Ughhhh!" Candice groaned as she slumped out of her bed, wrapping the blanket around her entire body, only leaving the face out, "life is so hard!"

She went downstairs and greeted Charlotte. Well it wasn't really a greeting, more of a loud groan and a nod.

"Hey, hun.... Why do you look like the nun from that scary movie... what was the movie called again?" Charlotte thought hard as she closed her book.

"The nun" Candice said.

"Yeah, what was her movie called?"

"Charlotte... you're the smartest person that I know... but sometimes you surprise me." Candice said as she poured black coffee in the biggest mug.

Camille and Isobel came in. The other two instantly noticed sweat coming down Isobel's body from all the tanning.

'Woah' Charlotte thought as her heart eyes arose.

"Gross! You're sweaty." Candice said as she stuck out her tongue.

"You're so kind to me" Isobel replied.

"Morning, babe" Camille went up to Candice and gave her a small peck on the lips.

"Ah! Affection! Get away!" Candice shifted behind the counter. She looked like she was sliding around since the blanket was covering her legs.

"You'd think three years of being together would make a difference, but..." Camille shook her head jokingly.

"Why do you look like the nun from that movie... what was it called?" Isobel asked.

"Seriously, what is with you two?" Candice said as she leaned on the back of Charlotte's shoulders. Half of her blanket was covering Charlotte as well now. "Watchu readin'?"

"The same thing I always read... I just can't get over him..." Charlotte sighed.

"Okay, I'm not jealous or anything." Isobel huffed.

"Do you guys want some tea?" Camille said as she walked behind the counter as well.

"I'd love some." Isobel answered. "I've got coffee" Candice raised her cup. "I've got... nothing left." Charlotte said.

"You want a refill?" Camille looked back as she took out two mugs.

"I wasn't talking about coffee... my life makes no sense now that I've finished my book again... maybe I should start over-" she said, halfway opening the first page.

"NO!" Everyone voiced out at the same time.

"I have an idea... instead of you reading the book again... how about we have another one of our extra special movie nights, we could watch the movie version of your book" Candice grinned, hoping this would work.

"Oh! Oh! I can make my famous island drink and some popcorn" Camille bounced on her feet a few times.

"Umm... popcorn sounds great, but I'm not drinking that cocktail after the last time" Isobel said hesitantly.

"What- why?" Camille looked offended.

"I was throwing up for three days" she explained.

"I told you that was the cake" Camille shrugged as she petted Buddy, who had just jumped on the sink.

Isobel took both of Camille's hands. "Babe... I love you... but it was the drink"

Camille groaned and went back to making tea while feeling completely defeated. Isobel smiled at her and played with her hair.

"Hun... you know it's one of the hottest days of the year, right? Get your blanket off of me." Charlotte said as she aggressively wiped sweat off her neck.

Candice hadn't realized she had been doing that and stood straight.

"How are you not sweating right now?" Isobel asked.

Candice just shrugged and went back to her room with one of the pastries in the basket.

                                              ~•~

Later that night, it was much colder so they snuggled into each other with Buddy sitting on Charlottes shoulder. Carter (the orange cat) was watching them from far behind on the shelves. He was half watching the girls and half eyeing Charlotte the third (the fish). (It's a closed tank by the way).

The three girls had gotten comfortable on the couch. Isobel was drawing circles with her index finger on Charlotte's knee. Candice had basically become a part of the couch, she had her leg bent and her ankle was laying on her knee. Camille walked in with two bowls of popcorn.

"You guys haven't started it yet, have you?" She hurried to the couch and stood in front of Candice.

"Not without you" Candice smiled innocently.

"Oh don't act like you weren't trying to get me to turn it on the whole time" Charlotte giggled.

"Traitor..." Candice said through a wide fake grin.

"Can you move your leg?" Camille asked.

"Why?" -Candice.

"Pleaseee"

"Okay?" She put her foot down and Camille got comfortable on her lap.

"OHH" Candice smiled.

They watched the movie till the end as Charlotte complained about all the unnecessary changes the directors had made. They ended up falling asleep on the couch, which was adorable until next morning when they all woke up with back pain.

                                              ~•~
Hey so, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. There isn't really a plot to this story, I'm sort of just trying to make the chapters as chill as possible and there's not gonna be like major plot twists or crazy characters.

I'm trynna create a safe space with this story... a place that maybe you, the reader, could come back to when you're feeling down.

As for the drama, there may or may not be a little amount of it, but whatever drama is created at the start of a chapter will most likely be resolved at the end. So you won't have to be in constant worry.

Also! Imma be a tiny bit selfish here and advertise my other stories 'Team A' and 'Forsaken'. The first one is a fantasy story about assassins in a world where people possess power. I've loved writing it and it also has a trio, so if you're interested, check it out!
The second one is a bit darker and it's a boyxboy fantasy story where the main character is pretty much on the verge of giving up on his life when he is suddenly thrown' into a whole new world. It's an enemies to lovers trope.
❤️

Anyways, I know I talk a lot so I'll stop waisting your time now. Bye🥰