25. Camille 1/2

~flashback~

Camille watched afar as all the kids on the playground joined together and started playing various of games. All the blonde little girl had was a small toy in her tiny hand. She convinced herself that that was the only friend that she needed and forced herself to look away from the playground. She sat down in the sand and played with her doll as she patiently waited for her mom to come back. She didn't...

At around 7pm, Camille saw her aunt coming her way, a beautiful view of the sunset blossomed behind her. Her aunt reached her and picked her up, then dusted all the sand off of Camille.

"Aunt, Kelly. Where's mom?" Camille asked.

Aunt Kelly was hesitant to answer.

"She's home, sweetheart. She's waiting for you there" she explained.

When the two arrived home, Camille ran to her mother's room, ignoring her aunt's words when she said not to go in there. As the little blonde girl entered her mother's room, she saw her mom laying in her bed, looking like she was on her death bed.

Camille's heart stopped and just in time, aunt Kelly came in and took Camille's hand.

"What's wrong with her?" Camille asked in a tiny trembling voice.

"She... ate something... something that's bed for your body and now she has to stay in bed for a while" Kelly explained.

"Will she be okay?" Camille asked again.

"...y-yes" suddenly her mother spoke as she slowly turned her head towards Camille, "I promise.... This... will be the last time you have to see me like this" she finished.

Camille nodded hopefully.

"Let's hope so" aunt Kelly said with a bit of a cold tone, "for Camille's sake"

                                              ~•~
Camille was sitting outside their veranda on the swing bench with a blanket wrapped around herself and a big cup of coffee in her hand. It was around 7pm and she was watching as the sky turned a darker shade of blue. She saw the world become less bright and put on it's true colors. She preferred it this way. It was after sundown that people revealed their true intentions. But sometimes even with those intentions revealed, some where too pure or too young to understand it.

She was still sipping on her coffee when the door opened and the light came through. Isobel and Charlotte popped their heads out.

"Everything okay?" Isobel asked. Charlotte came out on the veranda with an extra blanket and wrapped it around Camille as the girl with pink hair nodded to Isobel's question.

"You sure, you don't wanna come in? It's getting chilly out here" Charlotte asked with her concerned tone, "you don't wanna catch a cold the day before you have to leave for your work trip"

"Don't worry. I'll be fine" Camille smiled at her. Charlotte was still a bit worried, but Isobel dragged her inside.

"She seems sad, we can't just leave her like that" Charlotte complained.

"Look, Camille may be one of the most cuddly, touchy person ever, but she does still value space and privacy. If she wants to be left alone than we will give her some time" Isobel shrugged, "Candice understand that"

"Candice is asleep on the couch with half of her hair in her cereal bowl" Charlotte answered and made Isobel go quiet.

"...my point is that we give Camille some space and if that doesn't help than we will bother her until she tells us what's up"

~•~