14. Sleepless nights...

Camille's POV

It was 3:46am and I still couldn't sleep. I turned and turned but no. I faced the windows and saw the night was still taking over. I huffed and threw my blanket off. There was no point in trying any further so I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes as I put my feet in... bunny slippers and got up.

Maybe one of Charlotte's books would help me fall asleep.

I groggily made my way to her room and leaned on the door with my forehead as I knocked. I could barely stand still without falling asleep but the second I went to bad- no.

I waited for a few seconds before knocking louder and then finally remembered she was a heavy sleeper. I turned the golden handle and tried to open the door without the creaking sounds. No luck.

I tip-toed inside to her shelves and picked out the book with the most interesting title. Well actually I picked the thinest book. I wasn't much of a reader.

Then I turned back to leave the room, but not before quickly glancing to her bad. Oh...

She wasn't in her bad. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around. Just in time a small glass clicking sound came from the downstairs kitchen. What the hell was she doing at this time?

I- again, groggily- went downstairs and into the dim light kitchen. I saw Charlotte in her mahogany red robe and printed PJs making tea. I smiled. She looked so focused. Until she turned and saw me.

"...why aren't you asleep? It's late" she asked with a bit of concern to her tone. I rushed my hand through my hair which had partly fallen down on my forehead and chuckled.

"I could ask you the same" I said. She raised her eyebrows as if she hadn't realized we were in a similar situation.

"Oh, I just like to stay up at nights" she said and poured the tea into a mug almost as big as me. "Your turn" she said.

"Dunno... I just couldn't sleep, so I got up to pick up one of your books" I raised the book in my hand and she read the title.

"Oh, that's a good one. You're gonna love it" she smiled, "want some tea with milk?"

"Sure" I answered, "actually, the intention behind this book was kind of to make me fall asleep" I awkwardly stated. She giggled.

"Of course" she poured the tea into another mug and added milk to both. Then she brought them to the living room table and we both sat down in the same couch. I grabbed two blankets before sitting down and gave one to her.

"Wanna watch a movie? I'm asking since I now know you won't get through that book" Charlotte asked with a small chuckle. I laughed and agreed. We turned on one of the older movies and got comfortable on the couch. I rested my head on her shoulder and she gently rested hers on my head. We fell asleep halfway through the movie...