42. A new tattoo

"Last chance to back out!" Camille sang as she came down the stairs, grinning at Isobel who looked white with fear.

"No! I'm not backing out! I said I would do it and I will!" She stomped her foot dramatically on the floor. Candice and Charlotte both raised their eyebrows in surprise, they were watching from the kitchen, far away from the drama.

"Okay!" Camille chuckled, "I'll get our coats and we can go" she said and left the hall. Isobel nodded and slowly went into the kitchen.

Charlotte and Candice were looking at her with grinning faces. Isobel went up to the counter and rested her hands on it as she took a big big breath.

"Nervous?" Charlotte asked sympathetically.

"I'm freaking out! Will it hurt? You two both have tattoos, right? Tell me how much it hurts! Tell me now!" Isobel grabbed Charlotte's shoulders over the counter and shook her. Candice snorted.

Charlotte slowly freed herself from Isobel's grip and smiled.

"Okay, crazy woman, we shall answer your enquiries" Candice replied, "right after you calm down, cuz this is freaking me out" she gestured with her index finger at Isobel's nervous posture.

"Okay..." Isobel took another deep breath, "I'm calm. I'm super calm. Now tell me, how much does it hurt?"

"Well, I only have two tiny tattoos and neither of them hurt much. I barely felt it" Charlotte shrugged, "how bug do you plan on your tattoo to be"

"I don't know! I don't even know what I'm gonna get!" Isobel voice became high pinched again and Charlotte got her to take a few more deep breaths.

"It also depends in when you get it. On the wrist was pretty painless for me. It's also the biggest tattoo I have and it was fine" Candice said, Isobel nodded.

"Okay.... So maybe I could get like a little heart" she suggested.

"Mmm... I don't know, a lot of people have that" Candice said skeptically.

"You could get a quote or something..." Charlotte started thinking, "ooh! What about an important date? Do you have any dates that are meaningful for you?"

"Yeah, January 23" Isobel smiled.

"Awee! She's a romantic!" Candice forced her voice into a high peached tone and laughed.

"I mean, it really is one of the most important dates for me. It's the anniversary of when all four of us got together" Isobel explained and Charlotte tried to hide her blush.

"You know what would be really good?" Candice said and both of them looked at her, "if you got our faces tattooed on you" she grinned.

Charlotte snorted and looked at Isobel, "please don't"

"Seems like a lot of pain" Isobel said.

"Love is pain!" Candice announced.

"Ah, no, it's not" Charlotte chuckled, "And now I know what I'll be doing the whole day" Candice looked at her with curious eyes, "I'll be proving to you otherwise"

"I've got the coats!" Camille came in and handed Isobel a long beige coat. She put it on and grabbed her bag.

"You ready?" Camille asked.

Isobel took another deep breath and nodded. The two left as Charlotte and Candice cheered her on.

~•~

At the tattoo parlour Isobel took her seat after they had picked out the tattoo that she was gonna get. She was watching the girl get the gun ready and slowly her breathing was becoming even more uneven.

Camille was standing with her back turned to Isobel. She was looking at some of the designs and when she turned around she saw Isobel looking like she was about to pass out. She rushed up to her side and smiled at her.

"Are you scared?" The tattoo artist asked. Her name was May.

"No... why would you think that?" Isobel laughed through fear and made May giggle as well. May had tattoos all over her and looked exactly like what Candice wanted to look like in a few years.

"Okay, then let's get started" May said and rolled her chair closer to Isobel, who pretty much felt her heart stop.

Isobel looked up at Camille who had not left her side even though she was offered to take a seat a bit far away. Camille squeezed Isobel's hand which seemed to calm her down and so May begun.