12. Parents (part 1)

Hey reader. Sorry it takes me so long to update. I never seem to have time. But while you're waiting for updates here, maybe you could check out my other story 'Team A' if you like reading fantasy.

.........................................................................

"Oh gosh! Oh gosh! Oh gosh! We're gonna be late!" Isobel stormed down the stairs. Camille and Charlotte were both standing in the living room looking at Isobel like she was an asylum escapee.

Charlotte walked up to her, grabbed her shoulders and started rubbing them.

"Hun, you gotta calm down. Today will be perfect" she said with the kindest smile and loving eyes. Camille came forward as well.

"How come you're so nervous about this?" She asked.

Isobel took a deep breath and looked at the floor. "This is the first time my parents have expressed interest in meeting my girlfriends and I just want it to go well" she said with a sad smile.

Camille wrapped her hands around her and hugged her. Isobel gladly accepted. Charlotte joined them as well.

"I'll have you know that parent love me" Charlotte stated. They both chuckled.

"...girls, where's Candice?" Isobel asked as she pulled away. They all looked around the room and finally realized she wasn't there.

~•~

In a dark room she slept with her head completely buried in the pillow. Her hair was covering anything that could be visible on her face. Suddenly the door opened and Isobel stomped in.

She breathed in heavily and...

"CANDICEEEEE"

Even then the girl didn't hear a thing. She just carried on sleeping. Isobel huffed and walked up to her bed. She jerked the girl awake and Candice lazily turned around. She tried to adjust her eyes to the other girl's figure and saw a very angry looking beast.

"...hi"she said.

"Do you know what day it is?" She scowled.

"Uhh... Tuesday?" She groggily answered.

"What? No. It's Saturday." Isobel corrected, "but that's not the point! You're supposed to meet my parents today" she threw her hands in the air.

"Oh, shit! That's today. What time are we leaving?" She asked and straightened up a little.

"We leave at 4"

"And what time is it now?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"3:15" Isobel stated like this was the most terrifying thing she'd ever said.

"Oh, so then I have plenty of time to get ready" she shrugged and put her arm behind her head. Isobel's face dropped.

"What?! Did you not hear me?" She said, making Candice giggle.

"Relax, it takes me like 20 minutes to get ready" she smiled, "you gotta stop being so anxious about this."

"But what if they don't like you?" She asked.

"I think I can handle parents not liking me. See, I'd be more surprised if they did like me since that's never happened before. Parents usually hate me" she explained nonchalantly.

"Oh, thanks for calming me down" she rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on. So what if they don't like the three of us? It doesn't have to change anything. You're an adult. It's not like they'll tell you to stop seeing us" she said.

"...I guess. But it'd still be nice if you guys got along" she pouted.

"Okay, I'll be on my best behavior. Now come here" she said and pulled on Isobel's waist, making her drop on the bed next to her. Isobel laughed and tried to pull away but Candice only held tighter.

"You're impossible" Isobel said with a smile.

"All I heard was I'm amazing" she shook her head and slid her hand up Isobel's shirt.

"Candice, we don't have time" she said and tool hold of her hand but didn't exactly make her let go. Candice frowned.

"Oww but this is such a great way to start the morning. And lift your mood" she grinned, sliding her hand even further and reaching her lace bra.

"I-... no, we'll be late" she said and pulled away, getting out of the bed.

"Fineee, but you owe me later" she said and got up as well.

"Okay. After we're back from their house" she explained, "now hurry!"

~•~