4. Birthday gone wrong... (part two)

"Here, hun. I've made you some tea" Charlotte went inside a dying Camille's room and sat down on her bed. Camille sat up.

"Thank you. Sorry for giving you so much trouble. You wanted to go to the park and I'm just here being a mess"

"Nonsense! I love taking care of you." She put her hand on Camille's covered knee.

"Well then maybe you wouldn't mind... making me some soup?" Camille smiled innocently.

"Oh... I can't make you any, but I can go to the store and buy some" she shrugged and got up.

"Okay, thanks. You're the best. Wanna give me a kiss before you go?" Camille held out her hand.

"Nope. What if whatever you have is contagious" Charlotte said and left the room. Camille frowned.

She pulled out her phone from underneath the pillow and called Isobel.

"Mission 'get Charlotte's photo album without her realizing' starts now! Come in from the back door" Camille pulled the cover away and got up. She ran out of the room and met Isobel. They both watched Charlotte disappear into the roadway. Then they went into her room.

"Okay, so where is it?" Isobel asked.

Camille awkwardly stood there for a second.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Umm... I don't know if I should show you where she hides it... I wasn't supposed to find it and I don't think she'd want more people knowing where it is..." Camille said.

"What's the point? We're about to go through the whole album anyways" Isobel jerked her hands up.

"Oh... right. Then it's in the last drawer" she kneeled beside the drawers, opening one and pulled up some clothes. "Umm..."

"What?" Isobel frowned.

"It's not here anymore..."

"Why would she change the hiding spot?"

They looked at each other with confused eyes.

Then Caster came in with a loud meow, startling both of them.

"Caster, you really know how to make people's lives miserable" Camille shook her head.

"Camille , we'll have to search for this thing" Isobel said.

"Will we have time?"

                                              ~•~

Candice walked into the paint shop the woman had recommended. She saw a girl with light blue hair sitting on the counter. She looked about her age.

"Hi... are you Jane?" Candice asked. The girl pulled her eyes away from her phone and took a second to look Candice up and down. Then she popped her gum and went back to scrolling her phone.

"No. She's out at the moment. What do you want?" She said, still on her phone.

How friendly.

"acrylic paint"

"Oh, yeah. We have those" she said.

"...where?" Candice said with a dumbfounded expression.

"Over there" the girl said without pointing anywhere.

Candice looked around. She didn't see any...