23. Isobel 2/2

Camille and Isobel where both in Isobel's room searching though a bunch of dresses.

"We want class and sophistication" Isobel stated.

"All I have is pastel and printed sweaters" Camille shrugged.

"Well that's just not good enough" Isobel rubbed her temples as she finished talking.

"Does your head still hurt?" Camille asked as she pulled out a cute mini dress which was floral.

"No, it's fine" Isobel said as she looked at the dress. She made Camille put the dress down.

"I could let you borrow my clothes" she offered.

"Oh no, I'd have to stuff oranges in my bra" Camille laughed with Isobel.

"Then we could ask Charlotte. She only wears classy and appropriate clothes" Isobel said.

"Maybe. Where is she anyways?"

"Outside. Reading" Isobel said.

"Ah... she is such a role model" Camille smiled.

"And we're blind people. Let's go" Isobel said and walked out of the room with Camille behind her.

They walked out on the small veranda and saw Charlotte cozied up in a rocking chair with two printed blankets. It was around 7pm and the sun was just saying goodbye to the big mountains.

"How can you see in this light?" Camille asked as the two walked up to her.

"Practice" Charlotte answered without looking up from her book.

"Babe, guess the news" Isobel said cheerfully.

Charlotte looked up with curious eyes.

"I just got a call from Georgina and she said I could partner up with her for the next project" Camille burst out the sentence.

"That's amazing" she said with wider eyes and a satisfied smile. She was good at keeping her reactions under control even if it was positive.

"I know!" Camille however could barely hide her excitement.

"You'll let her borrow your clothes, right?" Isobel asked.

"Sure. How long will you be gone for?" Charlotte turned to the pink haired joy.

"Three days at most" Camille grinned.

"We need classical clothes. Something that screams class and seriousness" Isobel said with dramatic gestures.

"But... would you rather wear something that screams... 'Camille'?" Charlotte turned to the girl. Camille frowned awkwardly.

"Georgina's never met me and I don't wanna make the wrong impression. I need her to think I'm right for the job" She explained.

"You are and she'll know that by your talent, not the way you dress" Charlotte said as she closed her book.

"Don't ruin the mood, Charlotte" Isobel asked.

"Sorry... I wasn't trying to... if you'll feel better then sure you can take some of my clothes on the trip" Charlotte shrugged. Camille nodded and walked away. Isobel stayed to watch Charlotte.

"What?" The girl on the rocking chair asked.

"Did you have to do that?" Isobel questioned.

"Did you have to convince her that she needs to look like somebody else in order to make a good impression?" Charlotte fired back.

"That's not what I'm trying to do" Isobel said and the sentence was followed by a small couch. She pulled out a napkin from her pocket and blew her nose in it.

"Then let her pick her own outfit" Charlotte raised an eyebrow, "and go inside or your cold will get even worse"

Isobel smiled.

"Even when you're mad at me, you're still trynna take care of me" she said.

"I'm not mad at you... just don't agree with you is all" Charlotte said as she opened her book back up which was a sign she was no longer listening.

Isobel walked back with a faint smile which was replaced with a frown once she made it inside. She realized that Charlotte was right in a way. Isobel might have been trying to change Camille and that was wrong. A feeling of guilt immediately rushed up her body. No one should have to deal with another person trying to 'fix' the way they are or look.

Isobel went upstairs to Charlotte's room to find Camille trying on one of Charlotte's dresses. She turned around with a sad smile.

"How's this?" She asked about the dress. Isobel looked at her expression. Charlotte had gotten to her as well which meant Camille realized she was trying to be someone else.

"It looks great... but how about you try on the floral dress you showed me next" Isobel said.

"But... you didn't like that dress. It was too... floral?" Camille questioned.

"Actually it was a really pretty dress and I'm sure it looks great on you" Isobel tried to smile. Camille practically hopped put of the room. Isobel then went up to the long mirror in Charlotte's room and took a good look at herself.

...sometimes she wondered who she would be without the influence of some people.