41. Day in.

"So then she kills herself and the game is over" Charlotte went over explaining her latest book to Camille who had been so bored that she had actually showed interest in reading one of Charlotte's mystery novels.

They were currently on the living room couch, listening to the light rain hitting the windows, on which's Luna had made herself comfortable. Oldies were playing low in the background and the girls were both wrapped around in blankets. Camille had her head in Charlotte's knees and was slowly dozing off.

Charlotte lowered her voice, noticing that the other girl was sleepy. She wasn't mad or annoyed, just smiled and stroked her hair lightly, making her fall asleep even faster. Soon enough they both drifted away into the river of dreams.

~•~

Candice walked out of her room as she was putting on a black jumper. She heard a lot of noise coming from Isobel's room and decided to check it out. The door was slightly open and she pushed it further.

Candice saw Isobel... cleaning.

Oh... that meant bad news. Isobel always cleaned when she was stressed about something.

"Hey" Candice said, trying to sound friendly enough for Isobel not to explode on her. She was also very easily irritable when stressed.

Isobel looked up at her from the floor. She had been scrubbing the floor. Her hair was in a bun/ponytail (it was hard to tell). She was wearing an auburn sweater that she hated and she had ripped jeans on (she never wore ripped jeans. Never).

"So..." Candice started with a slight chuckled and stepped into the room, "you're cleaning, huh?"

"Yes and you just stepped on the spot I cleaned seconds ago" Isobel answered with a stern face.

"...sorry. I'll just be by the window" Candice quickly made her way to the window and sat on the sill, watching the rain. She had always loved the rain. A few seconds later, she looked back at Isobel who looked just as stressed as ever. She had moved on to cleaning the shelves.

"Everything okay, Issy?" Candice asked with her softest voice. Isobel didn't answer. Her back was facing Candice.

Candice didn't wanna push it and she didn't exactly know how to comfort people in such situations, but she knew she hated seeing Isobel like this. She wished Charlotte or Camille were here, they'd know what to do, but they weren't...

"Isobel..." Candice said in a lower tone. She felt so out of place. What did you do when someone needed comforting? What did you say to calm them down? She had no idea.

Isobel stopped. She held her head down and sighed. They stayed quiet and still for a minute. Then Isobel took off her gloves and walked up to Candice who quickly got off the window sill. They were standing face to face now, inches apart from each other.

"What's wrong?" Candice whispered.

Isobel took a deep breath, she wasn't looking her in the eye, instead she was focussed on the floor. Then she ran her hand through her hair and started, "nothing. I'm just being dramatic... my mom called. They want to have a family dinner with me" she said. Candice knew Isobel didn't get along with her family, she knew how Isobel's mother always made her feel, she knew how stressed Isobel must be right now, yet she didn't know what to say...

"Oh..." was all Candice could let out. She had never said the right thing in a situation like this. Her mind usually went blank. What could she tell her? Could she advice her not to go? But they were still her family... could she offer to go with her? That would only cause more problems... so what?

"Yeah" Isobel chuckled, "I just don't get them... some days they want nothing to do with me..." Isobel sat down on the window sill, "other days they want to have dinners and act like we're a perfect family"

"You don't have to go..." Candice said, she wasn't forcing her voice to be low and thing anymore, it had actually become like that.

"I kinda do... and anyways I don't want to get into another argument with my mom, so I'll just go and get it over with" Isobel said. She took another deep breath and smiled up to Candice. It was a forced smile, Candice knew all too well, but Isobel seemed to want to change the subject, which was sort of a relief for Candice, though she felt bad for admitting that.

"...okay" Candice said, she felt weirdly small at the moment. She always had something to say, always had to be the loudest person in the room and have all the attention, yet in situations like these she felt like a small child who couldn't speak.

Isobel smiled again, this time seeming more genuine. She raised her right hand and tugged on of the loops on Candice's jeans with her index finger and pulled her closer. Candice was now standing in between Isobel's legs. Isobel let her left hand ran up Candice's thigh and reach up to her waist, she pulled up Candice's jumper and ran her hand along her naked stomach. Candice was trying to hide her blush.

"Can we talk about something else?" Isobel asked innocently as she really smiled this time.

"Just talk?" Candice smirked. She felt like herself again, but made a mental note to come back to the subject of the dinner again.

Isobel grinned and shook her head. Both of her hands came down to the opening of Candice's jeans. She unbuttoned them and pulled them down. Candice pulled off her jumper and then tugged on Isobel sweater, pulling it off as well...

They didn't do much talking after that.