9. Any other day.

"Come on! You can do it, babe!" Candice yelled right before the skateboard rolled away and Camille lended on her face.

"Ohh..." the standing girl frowned as the other one moaned from the pain.

"Maybe skateboarding's not for me..." Camille said as she rubbed her hip to make the pain go away.

"What? You've made so much progress though" Candice kneeled down and helped the other girl up. Their hands intwined, Camille saw the bright but rare smile on her girlfriend's face. She couldn't help but smile herself. The glimmer in Candice's eyes made Camille forget about her pain and gave her the urge to try again.

This was a rare sight. Candice was the tough one. She had a soft side, but usually didn't show it. She preferred to be playful instead of sweet. Alluring instead of affectionate.

Therefore Camille made sure to cherish these moments.

"Here... I won't let go of your hand" Candice squeezed the other girl's hand and strolled to the skateboard that had crushed into the stairs.

Camille got on the board and tried to keep her legs from wiggling. Failed. She weighted on Candice and trusted her to keep her from falling. Which she did. Candice kept her hold as promised and taught her how to stand.

~•~
"Excuse me but I have every right to complain. My delivery is an hour late" Isobel protested to the person on the phone, "-wha- excuse you! Well you can tell your boss to shove it where the sun doesn't-"

She was about to finish when she heard a forced cough and looked to her left to see Charlotte on the couch next to her, giving her a warning look. She had a book in hand and looked all snuggled up in her blanket.

"What's up, sweetie?" Isobel smiled innocently.

"Be nice to the stranger" Charlotte said with the same smile.

"But-" Isobel was about to complain, but Charlotte's face changed and her eyebrows came together.

"...I'm sorry for being rude" she said to her phone, "and I'm so very sorry that you are a bitch" she finished and hung up.

Charlotte just shook her head and went back to reading with a loud sigh.

"What? She is" Isobel stated.

"I'm sure she thinks the same of you" Charlotte raised an eyebrow without looking at her. Isobel tilted her head to the left with a confused frown.

"Well... yeah, but at least I know it. That bitch was in denial" she pointed a finger at the ceiling. Charlotte snorted.

"You're impossible" she said to Isobel with a small grin. Isobel smiled and crawled on the other's lap and wrapped her arms around her.

"What are you doing?" Charlotte raised her arms.

"I'm taking a nap" she purred.

"Right here? I was kinda busy reading" she replied.

"Oh don't worry. Your reading won't disturb my nap" Isobel reassured.

"That's not exactly what I was-" Charlotte was about to complain but then she noticed how adorable Isobel looked on her lap and decided to let her stay.

In about thirty minutes they both ended up falling into a deep sleep. In the evening the other two came back home and put a blanket on them. The went up into Candice's bed and decided on an early night as well.

~•~