30. Sick day.

"Camille! Leave me alone!" Candice said as she walked into the kitchen with a thick blanket wrapped around her which was covering her pyjamas. Her hair was halfway up in a bun, but not in a cute stylish way, in a I slept like this and and couldn't bother to fix my hair kinda way. She was carrying a napkin which she kept snorting into.

"But- but don't you like- need me to make you tea with milk and honey or something?" Camille followed behind.

"I'm making my own-" she wiped her nose, "-tea" Candice went on to grab a cup that was shaped like a cow from the wooden shelf.

"You should be in bed, resting. Not walking around the house when you're sick" Camille begged. Candice didn't reply as she was too busy deciding what tea to make.

"Maybe I can make you some toast? Oh! Or noodles! You love noodles!" Camille clapped cheerfully. Candice eyed her annoyedly.

"Babe, as much as I love how carrying you are... imma need you to leave me alone" she said.

"There's gotta be something I can do for you" Camille begged.

"Normally I'd be quick to suggest sex, but I'm not trinna get you sick as well so please step away from me" Candice requested.

"C'mon be serious" Camille rolled her eyes. She picked up one of the tea bags, "this is really good. I think Charlotte bought it"

Candice put the tea bag into her mug and put two sugars in as well before pouring hot water over it.

"Maybe you're dying" Camille thought.

Candice snorted and almost poured the boiling water over the counter.

"How encouraging" she laughed.

"...sorry" Camille rubbed the beck of her neck, "I wish Charlotte was here. She always knows what to do when one of us gets sick"

"Don't worry. I can take care of myself." Candice said, "where is she anyways?"

"She had to go to an art gallery for her job. She was pretty excited. Even asked Isobel to help pick out an outfit" Camille smiled.

"And Isobel?"

"Oh she's with her parents... they invited her over for breakfast" Camille explained.

"That's kinda odd" Candice thought.

"I know. Isobel was pretty suspicious. She thinks somethings up" Camille shrugged.

Candice started coughing and put up her hand to cover her mouth.

"Oh gosh. Should I get you a new napkin? Are you gonna throw up?!" Camille freaked out. Candice laughed through the coughs.

"Don't worry, it's just a cough" she told her, "c'mon let's go watch Challenge of Kingdoms while we sit on opposite sides of the couch" Candice said and took out another mug for Candice, "you still prefer coco, right?" She asked and started making some. Candice ended up taking care of Camille instead that day. But overall another good day had passed and they felt at peace in their cozy little house as they waited for their girlfriends to come back and join them.