5. Birthday gone wrong... (final part)

Warning... this chapter involves a small mention of bullying.

Isobel's POV

"Yeah, she's mentioned Charlotte many times" said Reggie. "Excuse me, I should check on the cookies again"

He had invited us in his house and made us some tea. His kids kept throwing toys at us whenever he would leave to check on the cookies he was baking or to answer a quick phone call. I suddenly felt secure about my decision to never have kids.

Camille's POV

One of the kids stuck out their tongue at Isobel and she did the same.

"You're a 22 year old mature woman. What are you doing?" I said to her.

"Sorry, they just keep pissing me off" she said and made a face at the kid.

"Sorry about that" Reggie came back in "they'll be ready in about 15 minutes" he smiled and sat down.

"So... when is Gwen coming back from work?" Isobel asked.

"She'll be here any minute now" he answered as he checked his watch.

His kids started fighting and screaming.

"Now now kids, be nice to each other" he said and laughed, "they're such angels, right?" He turned to us.

We just nodded and smiled... sort of.

As we were discussing one of Reggie's favorite topics-dogs- the door opened and Gwen barged in. She stopped when she saw us.

"Uh hello?" She said.

"Hi. I'm Isobel and this is Camille... we're Charlotte's friends" Isobel explained. Again with the friends...

"Oh... Charlotte... haven't heard that name in a while" she said as she hung her coat.

Then why did Reggie say she talked about her all the time?

"What- what are you guys doing here?" She walked up to us.

I noticed Isobel silently judging Gwen's style. I mean it wasn't that bad... colorful striped tight sweater and some magenta jeans with a belt on the sweater...

"Today is Charlotte's birthday and we heard her mention you once... we thought it would be a good idea if we reunited you guys..." I explained. I heard Gwen let out a huff of air and smile.

"It's been forever since we stopped being friends... but I wouldn't mind seeing her again... where is her birthday being held?" She asked.

Wow... that was... surprisingly easy.

Isobel gave her the location and she agreed to come. After that we just left her house and decided to go back to planning. I could help out now, since I didn't have my cooking class anymore...

~•~

Charlotte's POV

Me and Candice walked out of the shop hand in hand. Today had been amazing. It wasn't any different than any other day, but I got to spend my birthday with two people I loved, even if one was 'sick' and the other one was a horny idiot. I just wished Isobel would show her face as well.

"Can I drive?" I asked eagerly.

"Nope"

"Why?" I frowned as I stood in front of Candice, blocking the door to her car.

"Because you're a horrible driver... and we're not going home yet" she smiled.

Oh... right... the surprise party... that was still happening.