40. Cold weather, warm feelings.

"My ass has officially frozen" Candice states one day as they were waiting for Charlotte to exit her book shop.

"I don't understand why we can't just go in" Isobel crossed her arms annoyingly. It was somewhere in the middle of November and her and Candice were standing on the narrow street in the cold, wearing coats and scarfs. They both refused to wear hats (something about ruining their perfect hair)

"I'm back!" Camille came rushing up to them with three cups of coffee. One for Charlotte, one for Isobel and one for Candice. Camille was officially off caffeine. It made her too energetic and last time she had broken a mug because her hands wouldn't stop shaking. It was the same with candy, but she'd never give that up.

...never.

"Thanks" Isobel took the cup and kissed Camille on the cheek.

"Oh, the love of my life has arrived!" Candice exclaimed and took the other cup.

"You talkin' about me or the coffee?" Camille raised an eyebrow. Candice looked up at her with guilty eyes.

"You really want me to answer that?" She asked, making Camille tut but smile in the end.

"Hey, guys. I'm so sorry, you had to wait outside" Charlotte said, coming out as she put on her coat.

"It's no problem" Camille smiled, but then frowned, "but uh... why did we have to wait outside?"

Charlotte went red and looked down at the street, "uh.... Well... you three aren't... they don't want me to bring you in there anymore..." she said awkwardly.

"What?!" Candice exclaimed, "why? Are they homophobic? Oh I'm going to knock their heads together!" She said and marched towards the door, but Charlotte grabbed the collar of her coat, almost making her stumble and fall.

"No. It's not that" she chuckled, "do you remember the mess you three made the last time you picked me up from work?" Charlotte said with a warm smile, she was scolding them, but in a friendly way.

They looked at each other, seeming confused and shrugged. Charlotte shook her head and sighed.

"Okay, you two scared away the costumers" she pointed at Camille and Candice who looked very offended now.

"What? What did we do that?" Camille asked, genuinely upset about being accused of such a thing.

"Really? Cam, you kept asking people if they were team Edward or Jacob and scolded anyone that said Edward" Charlotte put her hands on her hips, a bit annoyed now.

"But Jacob is so much better!" She stomped her foot on the ground.

"Yeah, if you're BLIND!" Isobel chimed in. Candice laughed and Charlotte just shook her hand.

"And you" she pointed at Candice now, "you kept offering people books that had... inappropriate content in it" she said the last part a bit quietly.

"That was funny" Candice cracked up.

"Funny? You terrified that poor old lady!" Charlotte scoffed, making Candice laugh even more. This was pointless.

"And what about you" Charlotte turned to Isobel now, who gasped and put her hand on her chest.

"What about me?" She said dramatically.

"You can't just tell people they need a haircut or better makeup products, Isobel!"

"What? But I was just giving them advice. Maybe if they'd listen then their skin wouldn't look so terrible. I was being helpful" Isobel defended.

"No, you were being judgy" Charlotte corrected.

"Okay, okay. We've learned out lesson" Camille said finally, "no need to mom us around anymore. We'll be good" she smiled and handed her her coffee, which instantly improved Charlotte's mood.

"Eh, I guess we'll just wait outside from now on" Candice sighed.

"Oh, no. I couldn't ask you guys that. It's freezing already" she said, pulling her coat up closer.

"So? As long as we get to walk you home" Camille grinned.

"We live in the same home" Charlotte said sternly.

"Shh, don't ruin the moment" Candice said and wrapped her hand around Charlotte as the four of them made their way back to their home. Camille intwined her arm with Charlotte as she stood on her left side and Isobel got under Candice's free arm. After that it became their routine to wait for Charlotte outside of her work and then walk back home together. They enjoyed it and the cold didn't bother even them that much when they got to see their girlfriend happy and smiling.

                                              ~•~