46. An unwanted guest.

"Are you sure you can't be here for Christmas?" Camille asked to the person on the other line of the phone. She was talking to Candice who still hadn't come back from her visit to her mom.

"Okay... I guess we can spend one Christmas apart... Isobel won't be here either. Her dad invited her for the holiday, so it's just gonna be me and Charlotte. I miss you..." Camille said, she was trying hard to keep her tone somewhat cheerful, but the sadness was creeping up on her. She couldn't remember the last time she had spent Christmas without her girlfriends. Everything seemed melancholic and she could tell Charlotte felt the same way, but the brunette girl was distracting herself with constantly writing in her notebook. Camille was glad she had taken up writing again. She seemed to be really enjoying it, but had to be constantly reminded of things like eating or sleeping and other stuff.

Candice was about to say something when Camille heard a knock on the door. She told Candice to hold and went to open the door.

In the door frame stood a girl around the same age as Camille. She had long brown hair to match her brown eyes and had an overconfident expression.

"Pauline?" Camille said as her face messed up.

"Surprise!" The girl said and came in, hugged the life out of Camille and went into the living room, taking off her coat and dropping it on the couch. Isobel, who was seated on the same couch doing her nails, looked up at the strange girl and raised an eyebrow.

"Hello?" Isobel said with an irritated tone.

"Hi! Which one are you?" The girl asked.

"Huh?"

Just in time Camille came in with an awkward giggle, "Isobel! I see you've met my cousin Pauline!" She stood behind the brunette and looked at Isobel with an apologetic face.

"Ah... cousin" Isobel said. Pauline sat down on Charlotte's armchair and crossed her knees, starting to play with her hair.

"Yep!" She said.

"Uh... Pauline... what exactly are you doing here?" Camille asked with a forced smile as she sat down next to Isobel, who put down her nail polish and blew on her nails without taking an eye off of this Paulina girl.

"Oh, I just decided to stay over at your place tonight. I really wanted to be here for Christmas, but I'll be spending it with my husband!" She said and stretched out her hand with a huge diamond on it.

"Oh my gosh!" Camille shot up to her feet and went up to Pauline, "congratulations! When did you two get married? I didn't even know you were with someone"

"Yeah... your invite to the wedding must have gotten lost or something" Pauline shrugged. Camille brushed it off and went to make everyone coffee.

"So this is where you guys live, huh? It's better than her last place" Pauline said as she looked around with a judgmental face.

"Her last place?"

"Yeah" she laughed, "it was a trash hole. She had to spend all her money on her mother's... problems" she said with a dark smirk and chuckled, "poor thing"

Isobel raised an eyebrow, "oh, honey, that attitude is not gonna cut" she said.

~•~

A/n: thank you for reading. Unfortunately Perfect Lovers will come to an end on chapter 50 as I have other ideas for stories I really want to pursue. I'm so grateful for you readers and even though I've loved writing this story, it has to come to an end at some point. Again, thank you so much for reading <3