24. Candice

!!!!!!!!warning!!!!!!!
This chapter contains a short flashback scene where family issues are portrayed. If you're uncomfortable, please skip the flashback.

~Flashback~

"Get the fuck out of my house!" A young woman yelled at the man standing in front of her. She shoved him back as he crushed into the door, "get out! Get out! I don't ever want to see your face again!" She said.

"You say that now, but you'll come crawling back to me soon. You always do!" He fired back. She took a deep fuming breath as she stared into his eyes, fire light in both of their eyes as they were ready to rip each other's throats out.

"Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of my house" she said in a much lower, threatening tone. He realized the woman was no longer playing and that she was serious this time. He huffed and grabbed his suitcase, which the woman had packed and thrown at him. He pulled the handle and left the house, banging the door shut behind him. She took another deep breath before she collapsed on the cold tiles. She thought she was alone but she didn't realize there was someone watching her. Someone innocent and pure.

Candice was hiding behind another door as she stared at her poor mother cry her heart out. Little Candice couldn't move. She couldn't do anything to help. Her tiny hands were shaking as she kept the hold on the door. She stayed with her mother the whole night, her mother just never realized.

Till this day Candice wished she had said something... maybe hugged her or kissed her on the forehead. Anything but nothing. Because after that day, she would never recognize her mother again.

                                              ~•~

"Oh muffin, my muffin! How was your day today?" Candice sang as Charlotte came back from her job.

"What's gotten you in such a good mood?" Charlotte giggled.

"The sight of my beautiful girlfriend!" Candice announced and went towards Charlotte to give her a deep long kiss on the mouth. After their lips parted, Charlotte stumbled back on her feet with surprise.

"Oh... wow" she said and made Candice chuckle.

"You're being awfully lovable right now" Charlotte noted with a skeptical look, Candice just grinned, "did you break something?"

"What?!" Candice got offended, "do you even know me?!" She said with an overdramatic voice.

"Yes... that's why I asked" Charlotte shrugged, making Candice's mouth hit the floor with the amount of offensiveness that was being thrown towards her.

"This is what I get for trying to be a good girlfriend" she threw her hands in the air.

"I'm sorry" Charlotte giggled, "you are a good girlfriend. I'm just not used to all the affection from you" she said as she took a step towards Candice. The taller girl quickly wrapped her arm around Charlotte and they made their way to the living room.

"Since we're on the subject" Candice started, "I actually did break something..." she smiled guiltily.

"Candice!" Charlotte shouted as Candice ran away laughing.

~•~